Page 18 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

This is wonderful news! Congrats Pat!
    Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    Great job on the video Mac! I hope you can get your own ZX1 soon.

I have recently partnered with Spinergy. They will be manufacturing promoting and selling the ZX1. The first run is currently in production and I expect they will be available by late September.

It's a little early for exact pricing and availability but if you like to be notified,
    Ryan Webb, Spinergy's director of sales & marketing, is putting together a mailing list and will keep you up to date. Ryan@spinergy.com
    Do not confuse silence with consent or fatigue for indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    For those of us who bought from you personally. Do we still go to you or Spinergy if we have an questions or problems. Not that I'm expecting any.

Congratulation Pat! Glad to see some manufactuer didn't get a hold of it and shelve it like what happened to so many other good products previously.
    Anybody can still contact me with any questions or problems.

And thanks!
    Last edited by pattherat; 08-17-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    Good for you Pat and made in the USA is a very big plus. Someday when better battery technology becomes available and affordable, LOOK THE HELL OUT.
    As soon as PGDT makes their controller compatible with Lithium batteries, I will definitely be looking into it. They say they are very close. Twice the range, four times the life cycle and half the weight!
    Last edited by pattherat; 08-17-2011 at 11:07 AM.

Will we be able to upgrade our ZX when they come out Pat?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    Will we be able to upgrade our ZX when they come out Pat?
    I think so, it would take two 4 packs(4s2p) of Headway LifePO4 cells and they are almost exactly the same dimensions as the AGM batteries I currently use. So they should fit nicely in the current battery tray. You would also need the new controller.

Awesome! I assume it may be covered by insurance once it's out in mass production. If they pay for e-motions they should.
    Ride It Like You Stole It!

Quote Originally Posted by kr420am View Post
    Awesome! I assume it may be covered by insurance once it's out in mass production. If they pay for e-motions they should.
    totally agree, but they wont pay for the remote with the m15s... still emotions suck ASS, Cant wait 4 my ZX1
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Hey Mac, did you have any problem hooking it up yourself with our hand function?

The neighborhood where you filmed looks very similar to the alleys I used to use as a kid. Unfortunately my neighborhood went to hell and now its mostly abandoned houses and shootings.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    totally agree, but they wont pay for the remote with the m15s... still emotions suck ASS, Cant wait 4 my ZX1
    I think your criticism is a little strong, the E-Motion M15 is amazing technology and if you are going to compare apples with apples I would probably compare the ZX1 to the Alber e-fix. The E-Motion M15 requires propulsion which still gives the consumer some exercise even though it is power assisted. I believe the following or thereabouts is the justification for many applications to funding bodies .

"e-motion merges active mobility with therapeutic benefit. Even wheelchair drivers with impaired strength can move around independently with the help of e-motion.
    Users have a chance to stay mobile while exercising their vital functions. The load on muscles and joints is relieved. Only minimal force is required to drive the chair alone and the driver’s radius of action is increased. e-motion makes an important contribution to its owner’s independence. "

So there is some therapeutic benefit justified by physical therapists or the like as to why the particular clients needs to maintain physical movement instead of being placed straight in a powerchair.

Your earlier video shows you stuck in 2 places that I would never get stuck in my E-Motion M15 wheels but I do have access to the remote control enabling a change to high speed whenever I want, if you don’t have this option you have E-Motion M14? You also say that you have code errors after only 4 months, did you buy your wheels brand-new? I don't see many complaints about the E-Motion M15 wheels on this forum, not like the M12s. I have had mine for in excess of 12 months without problems and in use all the time.

The ZX1 is amazing technology for rigid frame wheelchairs and I have been on Pat's waiting list for some time, now Spinergy of course. I just wanted to bring a bit of perspective to the conversation as I intend to have the best of all worlds and this includes, the ZX1, E-Motion M15 and manual wheels. I can see a place for all these devices but if you compare the ZX1 to the Alber e-fix the ZX1 wins hands down.

Pat- This things is wonderful and amazing!! even as a fairly strong w/c pusher I think it would be great to have! Have you ever considered reversing the battery/motor configuration so it fits even further under the w/c instead of elongating it? In some homes, even a few inches could be critical. Also, have you ever thought about a system that would lift the unit off the ground, so a w/c user would basically carry it from the w/c's rear axle? That would increase the range and duration exponentially for a para. Imagine places like the boardwalk or long flat surfaces where pushing is easy, even with an additional 50-60 lbs hanging from your axle, but when you need the help to get up a long hill in the heat you simply LOWER the unit until it lifts the rear w/c tires off the ground and powers you up the hill. Maybe there are no way that could be done, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

This thing is awesome- it's definitely something I'll have in my stable as I age.

Dave
    Last edited by Herco16; 08-17-2011 at 10:56 PM.
    Dave