Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Quote Originally Posted by pattherat View Post
    I'm glad nothing happenned, this way I can totally control and refine the product and be certain that it is built right.

Originally Posted by pattherat
    I'm glad nothing happenned, this way I can totally control and refine the product and be certain that it is built right.

Exactly!

Congrats Larry1975. What a thing of beauty it is! I look forward to reading your review. And I hope to be writing a review myself in the near future.

I love this product. Can't wait till it hits full-time production so I can afford it. It would replace my scooter as well- so double bonus.

As far as names, I've been thinking of a couple. How about The Arrivo? It means the arrival and that sounds like what it would feel like to get to use the ZX-1.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRing View Post
    I love this product. Can't wait till it hits full-time production so I can afford it.
    Pat said its going to be around 7k if it hits full-time prod.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Just ordered mine after spending the day looking at power chairs and coming home completley ticked off by what was out there.. I felt they would be more of a hinderance and just plain overkill at the present moment. I couldn't open doors nor transfer into the frivers seat in my van. With the ZX I should be able to still do them.

Even though my insurance was willing to pay full price for a power chair, buy a transporter for my wifes car and replace the lift in my home, I felt the ZX would be a better fit. They'll still buy the transporter but I told them to wait til I'm ready for a new lift and power chair. My lift is small, fast and hydraulic. The lifts they have to accommodate a pc are huge, slow and electric.

It took all the money I was saving in my sock drawer but I think it'll be worth it. Will send photos when Pat sends it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    Pat said its going to be around 7k if it hits full-time prod.

7k?!

Well, even though I won't be able to afford it for about ten years- I still dig it. Maybe I can eventually find one used (hahah..sigh.)

Patrick-
    You made the choice I would have made too. Frustrating to go through what you are and I'm learning a lot from watching you- so thank you for that. I have a lot of pain even when wheeling- less than walking but still pain and looked at power chairs. I would have to buy a new everything. New house, new car, ramps, lifts etc. All of that out of pocket for us.

Plus, personally, I think most pc's I've seen here are bulky, lazily designed and not living up to their potential. I would agree the zx-1 is a good option. I am eager to hear what you think of it.

Thanks, Blue, I'm gettting my strength from everyone here also. Reading what so many have gone thru or are going thru presently, kind of demonstrates that we'll get thru this also.

After seeing the choices out there, I figured if I can put this off for a few more years perhaps something decent will come on the market. The price for the ZX is minimal compared to what I would have to spend with the changes my insurance company would'nt pay for. It's a heck of a hit on my sock drawer lol, but trustfully will be worth it.

recieved my zx1 back in march thanks pat

You're welcome! I was beginning to worry since I hadn't heard from you in a while. Glad you're digging it. I'm just getting around to putting up a ZX1 website and I may hit you up for a testimonial.

BTW I ran into Patd at the Abilities Expo and got to finally try out his Freewheel on the ZX1 and it works awesome! I'll post a video as soon as I can find a decent trail to take it on.

I'm seriously pumped. Canadian dollar is hot right now too. yay!

Will I be the first in Canada to have a ZX1? I'd feel special if I was.