Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

Okay so far that's Grange, Patrick Madsen, and Mar50.... Are you folks REALLY serious about placing an order?
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Pat,
    Great job !! Segway is the place to go to for mass production. Didn't read the thread, hope you have a patent.You could probably make a bundle with them + royalities !!

Mike

I can't believe that one of the chair companies haven't jumped on this.

Kind of makes me angry that they haven't. This is better than anything I've seen.

Yep, I'm ready to order NOW/

I just finished this one yesterday for larry1975:

Patrick you're on top of the waiting list. I'll let you know in about a week when I can start yours.

Hey Pat ..... WHat do I need to do to get on the list? Send a deposit?
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    I can't believe that one of the chair companies haven't jumped on this.
    well for starters they'd have to take their heads out of their asses, then wipe the shit out of their eyes, then look at something other than their profit margins, then check out honey badger, then maybe have a little snack, then realize there are actual wheelchair users that can come up with viable solutions to the inevitable shoulder fatigue we all face.

If I were Pat I'd never sell the idea. Sure it would be nice to be able to increase production, but in time he'll be able to do that himself the way he sees fit.

I wrote him an e-mail Grange. Thanks, Pat.

Yes, contact me either by email or phone and tell me you are ready to order and I wil put you on the list. When I'm ready to start your build, I'll let you know and you can send the deposit then.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    well for starters they'd have to take their heads out of their asses, then wipe the shit out of their eyes, then look at something other than their profit margins, then check out honey badger, then maybe have a little snack, then realize there are actual wheelchair users that can come up with viable solutions to the inevitable shoulder fatigue we all face.

If I were Pat I'd never sell the idea. Sure it would be nice to be able to increase production, but in time he'll be able to do that himself the way he sees fit.
    Nail on head! Invacare comes to mind. They probably spent a ton of money buying the rights to the zinger and trying to develop it when I easily knew right away it was a waste of time and money trying to develop a product with little or no target market. They contacted me a few times and were excited about the zx1 but then rudely(Jim) nothing. I wouldn't doubt it if they were trying to get around my patent and claim it was their idea. But I'm glad nothing happenned, this way I can totally control and refine the product and be certain that it is built right.
    Last edited by pattherat; 03-06-2011 at 02:10 PM.