Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 597

Thread: power add-on for manual chair

  1. #101
    hey pat,
    i just read through all 10 pages of this thread to see if anyone else asked this question: (apologies if i missed it)
    how wide is it? specifically, could i use it with my 14"w tilite tr? would i just need to bring in the armrests, or would the unit itself be too wide?
    thanks,
    amy

    ps, i like the name. i had a sincler zx spectrum 48k computer nearly 30 years ago...

  2. #102
    Pat..... Didn't I read on here somewhere that there was a form or something that you had to fill out to send to insurance companies to get them to accept this and pay for at least part of it? There was a post about getting one with "no out-of -pocket expenses. I think it has been deleted. Is it possible that private insurance will pay for one of these units or is this gonna be one of those items us not so rich folks are gonna have to enjoy in our dreams? - Grange
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    hey pat,
    i just read through all 10 pages of this thread to see if anyone else asked this question: (apologies if i missed it)
    how wide is it? specifically, could i use it with my 14"w tilite tr? would i just need to bring in the armrests, or would the unit itself be too wide?
    The ZX1 is 15 1/2" wide at the drive wheels so it may just fit. It depends how far your wheels are spaced from your frame and the amount of camber you have. If it doesnt fit you could add spacers and or increase your camber. The armrest brackets adjust in and out to fit different width chairs. They will adjust to a 14" chair

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    Pat..... Didn't I read on here somewhere that there was a form or something that you had to fill out to send to insurance companies to get them to accept this and pay for at least part of it? There was a post about getting one with "no out-of -pocket expenses. I think it has been deleted. Is it possible that private insurance will pay for one of these units or is this gonna be one of those items us not so rich folks are gonna have to enjoy in our dreams? - Grange
    I was told by a guy that does the billing for a DME that all that he would need from me in order to bill insurance companies was an order form. He thought that there wouldn't any problem. Personally I don't know how the system works, but if you work with a particular DME, give them a call and ask whether your insurance will cover it.

  5. #105
    got fitted for my chair today gotta wait on prices it's gonna be either a tilite aeroz or a quickie q7 will the zx1 work on q7 it's rigid also if so i will order the zx1 as soon as i know exactly what chair i'm gonna get.

  6. #106
    How wide is the clamp for the camber bar? Would you be interested in making an extra narrow one as a special order? What is the limiting factor on width?

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    How wide is the clamp for the camber bar? Would you be interested in making an extra narrow one as a special order? What is the limiting factor on width?
    The clamp is 9" wide but I could narrow it to 7.5". I can't make the unit any narrower than 15.5" and thats with the 10 x 2 wheels seen in the video. It would normally be 16.5" with 10 x 3 pnuematic tires which fit a 15" chair.

    Could you can have someone measure the distance between your spokes 10" off the ground?

  8. #108
    Hey Pat,

    I am sure you probably already know this but I just read i the ZINGER THREAD.....

    Zinger Update
    I am sorry to report that Invacare Top End has decided to stop design work on the Zinger project. We came across a number of challenges when taking the Zinger's original design and adapting it to fit across most rigid wheelchairs and keeping the costs down. Since we licensed the original technology, I am trying to find out if the inventors will be lincensing the technology to someone else in the future.

    Thank you to everyone who has contributed to the Zinger discussion - we are disappointed to not continue with commercializing the Zinger but we are continuing to explore power add-on designs for both folding and rigid chairs. We hope that we can find another power add on design that will work on a greater variety of chairs including our 3 new rigid chairs launching in 2011!
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

  9. #109
    You r ZX1 is a much better design anyway!!!
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

  10. #110
    I want a zx1
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Similar Threads

  1. Insurance And Power Chair Coverage Questions
    By GroovyWheeler in forum Equipment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-07-2009, 01:33 PM
  2. Need help with power chair back
    By johnnie2130 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-14-2007, 11:43 AM
  3. Typical power chair, battery life
    By crppled007 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-19-2007, 11:52 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 06:37 PM
  5. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-23-2002, 11:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •