Thread: for those who have some sensation.....

for those who have some sensation.....

This last January, I had surgery to remove my rectum and anus due to diversion colitis following a total colectomy in 2008. Although the surgery went very well, it left me with lots of scar tissue from my vagina on down.
    I've noticed that in the past 2 months, that scar tissue has been really tight to where when I sit in my wheelchair or even on the toilet, it pulls and hurts a bit.

My GI surgeon told me that the scar is similar to one that a woman would have if she had a bad episiotomy or tear during childbirth and eventually the scar would loosen up. He suggested that I use warm oil to massage into the scared area, but I've always heard that you shouldn't use oil based liquids near your genitals.
    Is there anything else I can use to make the scar more flexible so it won't hurt sitting down?

Jessie

In Norway they recommend medical green soap to sit in morning and night after a bad birth who has left scares. I once hit my vagina very badly and used the green soap and it was working. I think they said half an hour. You put some of it in body temp water, maybe the nurse know more.

I know the pain from that time, I feel bad for you and hope it will get better soon.
    TH 12, 43 years post

i wonder if some lidocaine jelly would be a temporary help to relieve your pain, but i think there's got to be something more permanent to help you.

KLD?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

Quote Originally Posted by jessie.gray View Post
    This last January, I had surgery to remove my rectum and anus due to diversion colitis following a total colectomy in 2008. Although the surgery went very well, it left me with lots of scar tissue from my vagina on down.
    I've noticed that in the past 2 months, that scar tissue has been really tight to where when I sit in my wheelchair or even on the toilet, it pulls and hurts a bit.

My GI surgeon told me that the scar is similar to one that a woman would have if she had a bad episiotomy or tear during childbirth and eventually the scar would loosen up. He suggested that I use warm oil to massage into the scared area, but I've always heard that you shouldn't use oil based liquids near your genitals.
    Is there anything else I can use to make the scar more flexible so it won't hurt sitting down?

Jessie
    I don't have any suggestions but I had a bad episiotomy and they tried to fix it during hysterectomy. It didnt work. I know the pain you are feeling as I am incomplete as well. I recently had to start taking 5mg (i think?) of oxy for a hip problem. When my pelvic pain is really bad the oxy relieves it. I am going to try to take half the oxy and see if it works for the pelvic pain.

I would also be hesitant at putting any kind of oil down there as I am very suseptible to UTI's and I have to be careful even with soaps/toilet paper.

I hope you find something that helps.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Mederma? is is not oily and made specifically for scars..can buy at local drugstore CVS, or this link has a lot of advise/product adverts http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/produc...x.vm?procid=42

No advice,but that sounds miserable!I hope you find some relief soon..ouch.

You've had so many issues,bless your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by quad79 View Post
    No advice,but that sounds miserable!I hope you find some relief soon..ouch.

You've had so many issues,bless your heart.
    It sounds more painful than it is. When I explained this to my primary doctor, she flinched and said that she felt my pain, having had a 4th. degree tear during the birth of her last baby. With me, I just hate the sudden pulling sensation on the scar that stings. My last pelvic exam was very uncomfortable as a result and its also been very hard for me to use a vibrator vaginally.
    I saw my GI surgeon today and he suggested using the Maderma stuff that's for scars and then also told me that it sometimes takes up to 9 months before a rectal/anal scar loosens up.

All I hope is that I don't have to have any surgeries and stuff next year. My goal is to eventually not have to go to the doctor as often for medical stuff, so I can go back to college and get a degree in the medical field (still haven't decided what medical career yet).
    I am interested in nursing.

Jessie

Good luck with everything and don't give up on your dream!