Thread: My solution to raise the size of my projection handrim pins

Arrow My solution to raise the size of my projection handrim pins

Damn, nice job. they look "factory".
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    Damn, nice job. they look "factory".
    thank's McDuff,
    The final result is really impressive!
    no problems yet, I did this 2 weeks a go.

I'm just curious, how do you stop or turn with those? Have you ever tried pushing on some Pushblack with clubs and without projections? You may be pleasantly surprised on how well you can push and how much easier it will be to stop. All I use are some coated push rims and a pair of gloves and I can push just fine. Then I use my wrists to stop and turn.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    I'm just curious, how do you stop or turn with those? Have you ever tried pushing on some Pushblack with clubs and without projections? You may be pleasantly surprised on how well you can push and how much easier it will be to stop. All I use are some coated push rims and a pair of gloves and I can push just fine. Then I use my wrists to stop and turn.
    Hi!

so dude, I don't have ANY kind of movements in my hands end pulses.
    I've already tried without handrims and normal handrimsd, but both are very dificult to push with my current force (C4/C5 SCI)

All movements are very slow.. so to stop or turn is easy.
    I don't get push my chair alone on long distances.

Very nice job! Amazing what can be done with a heat gun, Dremel tool, and PVC or ABS plastic.

I noticed you have your camber tube clamp all the way forward. Have you considered reversing the bracket to move the axle a little more?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Very nice job! Amazing what can be done with a heat gun, Dremel tool, and PVC or ABS plastic.

I noticed you have your camber tube clamp all the way forward. Have you considered reversing the bracket to move the axle a little more?
    In a next opportunity for sure I'll do this...
    If this adjust can get me a little more forward.. it's a good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    As one who has used projections for over 26 years, what I do to stop and turn is place my hand under the handrim, with the top of my hand against the handrim, and press up with the appropriate preasure.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post

hello SCI,

I did this bracket inversion today, I gain 2cm aprox...
    I'll post some pics soon.

thank's