Thread: anyone got any advice for me

anyone got any advice for me

Hi again Mr Wise
    I have to have another op after losing feelings in my fingers and pins nd needles in hands neck and shoulder area however when I had my last one 2004 i had a dble fusion and laminectomy which resulted in left side weakness bein in permanant pain and swan neck deformity, downward gaiter with being general neurological unsound ( bowels bladder and and and ) my C2 is now unoperable and c3-4-5-6 is fused I am scared I wont pull through or that I will end up paralysed from the neck down any advice I am feeling like it might be better for me to end it rather than put my family under more pressure as I have a disabled son and a daughter who is a one parent and pregnant and my mother is getting a bone scan on monday after prev having breast cancer and full chemo I cant cope anymore any advice I have been told I have cervical stenosis im only 45

Do you have severe arthritis or AS? While that is young to have problems like this with spinal stenosis, it is not unknown.

Spinal stenosis is a problem as untreated it can cause neurologic loss and even paralysis, but as you know, the surgery to try to relieve the pressure of the bone on the cord or spinal roots also carries a significant risk of making your neurologic symptoms worse, or even leading to complete SCI. I can only suggest getting at least 2 opinions from different surgeons before you proceed with any further surgery. The more spinal surgeries you have, the more likely it is that you will have long term pain.

(KLD)