Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car seat cushion???

car seat cushion???

has anyone adapted a wheelchair cuhion into the seat of their car?

the reason i ask is because i want to be able to be in the seat of my car for an extended period of time...for roadtrips possibly.

i have an alternating air cushion and i'm thinking of some way i could shoehorn it into the seat of my car and just wire it up to my car.
    -C6 incomplete
    -injured January, 14th 2006 in roll-over

I just use a foam cushion on my van seat and it does the job, even for extended trips. If your cushion runs on 12 volts you should be able to plug it into a car outlet or cigarette lighter if your car has them. Radio Shack should have every thing you need.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I use to have a roho in my car, but in the new car I have tempur in the middel of a Recaro seat. Honestly, I don't feel safe sitting on a cushion in the car even if I am a T12 and have good balance.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Ive thought about using a little chunk of tempur as well,for like long drives..

Longest ive sat in driver seat was last summer, 19hrs...3 of it sleeping all on the factory ford seat..no issues at all.

I use a Roho low profile. Just enough to give me the immersion I need without being too tall or creating any stability issues.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

i wasn't talkng about putting a cushion on top of a car seat. i'm wanting remove the stock seat cushioning and replace it with a wheelchair cushion...whether it's a Roho or tempur it doesn't matter.
    -C6 incomplete
    -injured January, 14th 2006 in roll-over

Ive seen it done! Dont know where he had it done..but ya,it can be done. Go to an auto wrecker buy a seat for $10,tear it apart and see whats up

MiniMax cushion for car?

http://www.roho.com/products/custom%...ax_cushion.jsp

This is an option for the car..not sure of any pressure studies but you can check website to find out.. by ROHO. This one and the LTV car seat cushion is a less expensive option than the low profile.

VR can pay for this if you are a client..as you use it to get to and from work/jobinterviews etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DA6righthand View Post
    i wasn't talkng about putting a cushion on top of a car seat. i'm wanting remove the stock seat cushioning and replace it with a wheelchair cushion...whether it's a Roho or tempur it doesn't matter.
    I've done this. Just find a shop that re-upholsters interiors.

I had auto upholstery shop cut out section in my van seat,and I placed Roho inside cutout.