Thread: who makes the best microphone for Dragon dictate?

who makes the best microphone for Dragon dictate?

I use a regular microphone stand with a cheap radio shack microphone. It has always worked ok, but recently fell, broke and I know there must be something better.

Also I use a very old version of Dragon dictate (3.0). I have tried newer versions, 8 and 9 I believe. Although the dictation was much better and faster, I've always found the mouse commands are much better on the older versions. ( when the application was designed for disabled people, not lawyers and doctors secretaries). Anyone else agree?

I also still use DragonDictate 3.0 for exactly the same reason, and even bought a backup laptop with Windows XP so I won't have to switch to Vista and NaturallySpeaking anytime soon.

I use a "Emkay USB sound pod", which is basically an external sound card that digitizes the sound, and any old cheap headset microphone I pick up at Best Buy. Unfortunately that doesn't help you much as I believe it's been discontinued, but there are other USB sound cards on the market which might do the trick.

I also started a site called The Last Dragons for us DragonDictate holdouts in case anyone is interested.

I use this Andrea headset. It works really well and is fairly comfortable to use, not to mention it is cheap so it's easy to replace if necessary.
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

I have used both the Blue Parrot B1000 GTX from VXI and the Senhauser BW 900. Both work very well but I think I will give the edge to The Senhauser.

To use the senhauser I bought something that allowed me to hook the microphone to the telephone r computer called the zoom switch. I only use it for the computer part but others may want to use it for their telephone.