View Poll Results: Should a pit crew be able to determine a race winner?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 71.43%
  • No

6 28.57%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ok Race fans Should a pit crew determine a race winner?

Ok Race fans Should a pit crew determine a race winner?

As for my opinion, NO!!! then you could have just a mediocre driver with a good crew win races. For me it's who is the best driver with the best car. I would rather see all them go into the pits and come back out in the same position that they left. In reality I would like to see them do all the races like they did with the all star race. I thought it was exciting as hell. I get pretty tired of watching them go 5-6 hundred miles like they do. Set it up with heats just like they do for dirt track races, then the drivers have to show their talents if their good enough they will win races if not then......kinda weeds out the good and the Not so good! what do you think?

I like having more variables involved.

I don't want them having extra time trying to tweak the car w/o losing positions for doing so. "Ok, it's Caution time. Let's do this and this and this and this and this", and no matter how much we do, we come out in the same position.

Bah.

If you don't have the car right before race time, then you pay the price.

And this is coming from a Carl fan, and his crew has cost him more than most.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

i agree make it more like a dirt race pill draw heat races and feature lots of fun on a saturday night but nascar needs something its gettin kinda boring
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    i agree make it more like a dirt race pill draw heat races and feature lots of fun on a saturday night but nascar needs something its gettin kinda boring
    Borning is right.Heck if they didn't come to pit row Kyle Bush would win every race.I'm a Jr. fan but Dale Jr. has no idea what the is going onWhen a one car team is running better than him there is just no excuse for that!!
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

Quote Originally Posted by van damn View Post
    Borning is right.Heck if they didn't come to pit row Kyle Bush would win every race.I'm a Jr. fan but Dale Jr. has no idea what the is going onWhen a one car team is running better than him there is just no excuse for that!!

geno i agree though im a jimmie johnson fan i really thought junior would be doin a lot better maybe they do need to do a crew chief swap i dont know but the pressure on him cant help any either
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

They GOT to do something to shakeup the Jr. Team. There's no reason for him to suck every week. I think Tony Jr. has got to go.

What I want to see changed, is go to a double file restart, that spiced up the AllStar race.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    They GOT to do something to shakeup the Jr. Team. There's no reason for him to suck every week. I think Tony Jr. has got to go.

What I want to see changed, is go to a double file restart, that spiced up the AllStar race.
    Tony Jr. doesn't know anything about the new cars.Dale jr. is popular but bottom line it takes being productive.Sponsors have to be getting frustrated with lack of proformance.
    Be yourself!!!
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/vandamnwcbb/
    BMF Sports & LiftWithoutLimits
    Sponsored Athlete
    http://www.bmfsports.com/ATHLETES.php
    www.genegvd.com

The whole team, not just the driver, should determine the winner of the race. It's not just about driving, it's about the car and a vehicle maintenance along with driving to even get to the races. Even Indy cars pit stop that way otherwise they could just stand up it's as long as they needed to do do whatever modifications they had to to make the car faster. It's really a team sport, not a driver's sport
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    The whole team, not just the driver, should determine the winner of the race. It's not just about driving, it's about the car and a vehicle maintenance along with driving to even get to the races. Even Indy cars pit stop that way otherwise they could just stand up it's as long as they needed to do do whatever modifications they had to to make the car faster. It's really a team sport, not a driver's sport

I have to say I disagree rybread! It IS the driver. hell like I said back when the rainbow warriors were togather for Gordon hell you could have put Derrick Cope in the car and he could have won!! Well maybe! anyway I still say let them run heats, just like Sprint cars, they are the ones who have real drivers anyway!!! Nascar is a very predgious and they are truly getting boring! I refuse to even watch Indy cars anymore, most of them are rich foriegn boys who have bought thier rides anyway and if I want to watch them I would watch Formula one! Now I bet I have opened another can of worms!!

Well except for Danica!!!!