Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pulte Home builders

Pulte Home builders

I am currently building a house in Florida and dealing with Pulte Home builders. The division is actually called Divosta homes. They have been great to deal with relating to the accessability modifications I'm having them do. Going to have all roll under counters in the bathrooms and kitchen, no steps, enlarged water closet area, wider closet doors and a number of other mods. They only charged me a total of $3700.00 for all these modifications including the drawing changes and I felt that was very reasonable. I just flew to Florida over last weekend to check things out and was very impressed. They are going to start the inside walls this week. They even did little extras for me, things like lowering the alarm pad, etc. Great and accommadating company to deal with.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Curt, that sounds fantastic. good luck with your new home.
    Daniel

That is very reasonable for those kinds of changes, please keep us updated.

Sounds like a nice get away from New England winters. Good luck with it.

Thats awesome - gotta love a builder who is understanding and willing to help you out - without upcharging you too much!
    Inc C4 since Oct 07

"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing" - Optimus Prime

I'm amazed how cooperative they have been. I guess Pulte is about the largest home builder in the USA. The whole experience has been a real worry free one. The house is called a Villa home which is attached to another house. I guess they can make them less expensive that way, only one roof and one structure for two houses. Each house is located on a man made fresh water canal, so technically every house is waterview. My only complaint is some of the options are rather expensive. For a screened in cage behind the Lanai they wanted 14 grand. I'm going to doing that at a later date for much less $$$. I'm thinking about adding a nice round cement hot tub under the screened enclosure with a nice rock garden waterfall.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Curt,

A number of years ago, my parents built a Villa home as well. My dad said the same thing about the additions, that they were high priced, but that contracting later with other builders in competition for work down in Florida makes all the difference with the dollars. I can remember that they chose to do the bare minimum with the builders, only the stuff they needed to complete the basic job. Of course, they rented this property for some years, but later came in themselves and sweetened it up quite a bit. Good luck, knowing you, this is a fun project for you. Well deserved.

Mary
    1FineSpineRN

Pulte has a great reputation. They are the builders who have created the Sun City over 55 communities. There are 10 of them around the country. They are wonderful places to live in retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by duramater View Post
    Curt,

A number of years ago, my parents built a Villa home as well. My dad said the same thing about the additions, that they were high priced, but that contracting later with other builders in competition for work down in Florida makes all the difference with the dollars. I can remember that they chose to do the bare minimum with the builders, only the stuff they needed to complete the basic job. Of course, they rented this property for some years, but later came in themselves and sweetened it up quite a bit. Good luck, knowing you, this is a fun project for you. Well deserved.

Mary
    Yes, that was the route I decieded to take and glad I did. I decieded to forego the screened in area behind the Lanai, I'll do that later. Thinking about doing a round cement hot tub behind the lanai with a nice waterfall garden and nice plants under a large screened enclosure, I'll bet I can do all that for under the 14 grand the builder was talking just for the screen. These improvements will probabley add value equal to what I put into them to the property.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    I am currently building a house in Florida and dealing with Pulte Home builders. The division is actually called Divosta homes. They have been great to deal with relating to the accessability modifications I'm having them do. Going to have all roll under counters in the bathrooms and kitchen, no steps, enlarged water closet area, wider closet doors and a number of other mods. They only charged me a total of $3700.00 for all these modifications including the drawing changes and I felt that was very reasonable. I just flew to Florida over last weekend to check things out and was very impressed. They are going to start the inside walls this week. They even did little extras for me, things like lowering the alarm pad, etc. Great and accommadating company to deal with.

Pulte built our town home here in Las Vegas in 2003, it's energy efficent and well built. We purchased it late in the construction but they still widened some doorways for us, removed an under counter cabinet for me in the kitchen and set up the bathroom for me. We love our Pulte home and purchased tons of upgrades to make it our dream home. They stand by their product and anything we found not done correctly they fixed with one phone call for the first 5 years so far so good.

GO PULTE!!!
    ^^(A)^^