Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

Neuro pain after a spinal cord injury is terrible...chronic neurogenic pain sucks even more because it feels like there's no escaping the pain, that it's just day after day after day of pain...the other frustrating & isolating part is people w/out SCI can empathize but still can't really relate to this kind of pain.

Cowboys Place - I bet our injuries are similar?
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

FFFUUUCCCCKKKKKKK

God amighty this is horriblr today
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Have'nt been here for awhile.....awake the pain is always there, but, they have me on enough morphine and percacets that staying awake is now a problem....so far they have'nt found any other medical problems. The swelling in the legs has caused enough extra issues. When you have a little function left, and are unable to use it, I'm finding that you lose it. Can't afford PT, so don't know what to do now. Can't stand the uncontrollable sleeping either. It's as bad as having the pain and not being able to sleep! And I remember the days I use to pray for some sleep! But the way I sleep these days, I don't remember being in pain, so which is worse! I don't even know anymore! And probably not even making much sense! lol I'm getting postage this week, maybe I can stay awake long enough to write for awhile. The doctor has me on a million vitamins and started using the nebulizer again to see if it would make a difference....don't know how long it takes to have the vitamins kick in and help when low on several things. I just don't always feel like eating when in pain, and sleep so much, I miss eating! Can't win.

Like many others this winter, I got the flu, then a cold, and then sinus issues, and it just seems to keep going from one issue to another. Breathing has gotten bad and did'nt even notice it right away. So, I dug the negulizer out, which I usually have to use during the summer when the heat and humidity get really bad! I think it might be helping....but who knows.... I'm just sick of one issue after another issue. And life goes on in the family for everyone but poor pitiful me. lol And I'm sick of that too! I want this spring and summer to be so different.....I want to be able to do something outside! I'm sick of being in the house! It's too cold in the winter, and when the sun comes out, I have to be careful because I don't sweat anymore. What a pain in the arse! Talk about your cabin fever! I guess I've whined enough for one visit.

killing me tonight

no sleep again for about 3 days. Prialt not doing anything yet.
    Pain is puking bad.

Does God hate me? I know not but wish He'd cut me some slack.

Ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Up the whole fucking night again SCI the gift that keeps taking
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

My heart goes out to all of you

While I do not suffer from SCI I do suffer from chronic, severe intractable pain. I have suffered for almost 10 years now and as with many of you it is only getting worse with age. When I read the descriptions of the pain and torment that many of you suffer from I am seeing the descriptions of my own hell that is chronic pain.

I have read about the difficulties that many of you have had receiving adequate pain relief due to others inability to understand the severity of our pain and how it devastates every facet of our life.

Here in California we have fairly comprehensive laws that protect the chronic pain patient. below is a link to a blog that describes these laws and that it is illegal to deny a patient adequate access to any and all methods of pain relief including opioids and similar drugs.

http://painresearchadvocates.wordpre...in-management/

I would encourage anyone having difficulty obtaining proper care to explore whether your state has similar laws protecting patients. I only wish I had more to offer you in terms of your severe pain.

Best to all,

~Paul

For those who suffer severe fatigue either from your illness or the meds

Another similartiy I have read among many of you is that you suffer from chronic fatigue either from the SCI or as a side affect of the medications. I to have difficulty staying awake during the day and difficulty sleeping at night because of the constant pain.

There is a drug called Armodafinil (Nu-Vigil) that I have been given to help with the fatigue during the day. It has really been a Godsend in that it helps keep you alert and awake without any stimulant type side effects. It is mainly used to improve wakefulness in adults who experience excessive sleepiness due to one of the following diagnosed sleep disorders: obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), shift work disorder (SWD), or narcolepsy. I was given it to combat the chronic sever fatigue I experience during the day mainly due to the meds and lack of full nights sleep.

http://www.nuvigil.com/

Again I wish I could offer more to help all of you but sharing of information is the best I can do right now.

All the best,

~Paul

I have a C1 spinal fracture and the pharmacy wont even give me the prescription that the doctor gave me so i know what you mean, i would also like to hear back from you.

is nuvigil something you sell? What exactly is it? Does it help with pain?

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    is nuvigil something you sell? What exactly is it? Does it help with pain?
    I've heard of it before, thanks to radio ads. It's used to treat narcolepsy and what they call on the radio "shift work disorder". I doubt it does anything for pain.