Page 87 of 106 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

My body (well 2/3 of it) is burning and tingling with chronic unending neurogenic pain. Some days the pain is better some days it's worse, but the pain is always there. Pain interferes with good days, bad days, serious conversations & funny ones, when I'm watching a terrible tv show or one thought should be funny. Pain keeps me up at 1:45 am when I'm tired & only want to sleep...upon waking, pain is the first visitor I greet.
    I want, no need, to find some drugs that can reduce the neurogenic pain on bad days but I don't want to become like a zombie from the tv show "The Walking Dead"...it would be more fitting if that show had a zombie who needed to use a wheelchair...but then it would have to be called "The Walking & Wheelchair-Using Dead".
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Yes, I agree. Let me know when you find this miracle drug. Fuck it, it does not exist, we all know that.

Kyle, I am right there now... Have been for the past four days.... The way I describe it is imagine a freight train crushing your body and a rusty spike is up you anus....... This pain companion is not a friend but sticks by me like a brother! The ONLY thing that gets me through these days is knowing this will pass and give me from 2 to maybe 6 days off from the main pain.

My regular tools are a Fentynal patch 50 mg 24/7 2ea Endocet 10mg a day, 4ea Ibuprofen a day, and 1ea Diazepam 5mg a day. I uses hemorrhoid cream because some of the irritation is a result of hemorrhoids. I use it twice a day after a movement. This is never enough! I think of ways to get out in a manner that won't mess up my families minds and lives.....................................

And a NOTE to SuprSi - does the vodka actually work? I'm thinking right now to have a shot of Tequila, the only booze in the house, but I had a Diazepam and an Oxycodone about half an hour ago. I'm going for the shot anyway that and a toke! I NEED a break, even if it is a short one.
    Last edited by Garyis; 12-05-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Added a note
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Hello collegues.. Today has been bad, I think for me the neuro pain is related to fatigue. I drove my brother 500 miles yesterday to pick up his new motorbike, no problem at all. But today, from the moment I woke up, it has been unrelenting. Having to try and function while at work was pretty hard, couldn't over-do it with drugs either because I had to drive home. Currently enjoying a coctail of drugs and vodka... starting to take the edge off.

I'm grateful for the quality of life I am lucky enough to enjoy, but this sucks..

I hate whining because I know so many here suffer far worse than me but I had to write something. Nobody understands apart from my closest friends and family, and I hate showing how much it hurts.

Thanks for listening
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Most nights I find myself laying in bed thinking of the easiest way to just end it all because the pain is so bad.. But knowing what that would do to my family I grit my teeth and try to make it through one more day. I go into the pain Dr once again tommorrow to try something else in hopes I get a little relief..
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Had my pain clinic appt on Tuesday. I've been going now for about two and a half years and forgot to take my meds to be counted. Second time that's ever happened, but I figured it would be no problem. Well, I was wrong. State law just changed, and they are not allowed to write your new prescriptions without the count on the old. I travel an hour and a half to get to the clinic.....but I lucked out, the NP said I would have to go home and get my meds and take them to the pharmacy to be counted and then they would fill them. My husband took me home and then went to the pharmacy. Then I get a call telling me I could'nt get my meds filled yet, it was too soon, and it was the pharmacy computer calling me so I called back to talk to a live body. My old script was written on the 6th and it was the 4th, so it should have been fine. Well, the law that had just changed also included a new rule for the pharmacy. I can no longer get my pain meds a couple of days early. You now have to wait the thirty days to get if filled! What happens when there is an emergency of any kind! What idiot thought this up! What next! It's bad enough to live with this chronic pain, but they make it harder and harder to get treatment......

It's easy for people who don't need medication to pass these rediculous laws. It's a fairly easy process to get repeat prescriptions at the moment this side of the pond, hope it stays like this.
    Last edited by SuprSi; 12-06-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: typo

That is terrible! I'm still able to get Rx on pain meds filled 4 days early and it has never been brought up that they had to count the meds that I had. What lousy rule. I might be dumb asking this, but why is there a law/rule like this? If you didn't bring but a couple of meds that you have for back up, how would they know the difference? You could say that you were out.none left.
    Gary Is = L-1 Para for 34 years.....................
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Well went to the pain Dr yesterday and got another steroid shot hoping that some small miracle would happen. He wants me to wait two weeks to see if it improves he might as well have said see ya in two years. He did say if this doesn't work the next step is meds lyrica is one he talked about having me try..The side affects make me a little nervous but can't be any worse then this &^&($ pain!!
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

People seem to have a varied response to lyrica, some people have lots of side effects, the only one I've noticed is a slightly worse memory for names/places/dates etc. But then I'm on the maximum daily dose! One thing to mention is it seems to have a fairly short half life, so 3x smaller doses work better than 2 larger doses which doctors tend to try first for some reason. I was always getting a lot of pain in the evening after the morning pill had worn off.

Best of luck anyway.
    Si.