Page 85 of 106 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

THC you just need a better attitude, it's all in your mind. we all knw this and posting those horrific films doesn't change the fact you are simply a SLACKER.. LOL sorry couldn't help.

Like the last neuro said to me hey your'e the one who broke his neck, back, shoulder and has all those surgeries, I don't know what you expect from me, you're fine all things considered.

So hey relish that all things considered you're fine!

Honestly though I so wish better for you!! you know you're special to us

ket
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Quote Originally Posted by lydia me View Post
    hi billy...yes its helping.....tegretol has been used for many years for nerve pain.....i am now on triptezol what is doing the same but has less side effects ...its a muscle relaxer ...has been used aswell as anty depressend ,but is very good painkiller....i used it one and half year together with neorontine...slowly gone off neurontine ,then only triptezol....slowly gone off that to...it has realy helped me...i always have some in the home for bad days when the nerve pain is back
    Thank You..I will give it a chance

Rant:

Started Sunday evening, was awful yesterday morning. Got a little better during the day but all day I looked for distractions and they did help. Last night I just powered down the vicodin and this morning my back is on fire and I'm still sick from the vicodin, queasy. This really hurts. Tired and scared. It's the lack of control making me depressed. I keep thinking I've got it figured out and then I start hurting bad again and I'm like, what did I do? Nothing but rest causes problems, too much exercise makes it worse, thought I had a balance and things were working.

I don't know any more. Monday morning I went to the gym trying to keep things regular and sometimes the pain just goes away. I never know what it's going to do. I felt so bad I kept thinking about dying. A few days ago I felt pretty good so that keeps me optimistic. I have it so much better than most people but that doesn't make my pain hurt less. My mood improved yesterday afternoon and talking to my girlfriend on the phone in the evening helped a lot too. I teased her about how bad hamsters smell. It's an inside joke, she grew up with them and is fiercely defensive about how clean they are. Teasing her was fun and I laughed, we both did. It was nice to smile. But yesterday morning I thought so much about wanting to just die. Pain is amazing in what it can do to your mind. This will get better soon. It will. I will think about that.

Sorry to complain here when I know everyone else has it so much worse but it helps to talk about it and I'll keep getting crazier if I don't tell someone.

THC - thanks for the orientation on your MRI. Whoa, you don't have much holding up your neck with those shaved C2-4 things that used to look like vertebral bodies. That piece of dental floss is your spinal cord?? You definitely get the award for gnarly-est neck MRI. It kind of looks like it would.....hurt ;-)
    Bollenfen - always good to hear from you.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    THC - thanks for the orientation on your MRI. Whoa, you don't have much holding up your neck with those shaved C2-4 things that used to look like vertebral bodies. That piece of dental floss is your spinal cord?? You definitely get the award for gnarly-est neck MRI. It kind of looks like it would.....hurt ;-)
    Bollenfen - always good to hear from you.

I agree with arndog. I was thinking "piece of spaghetti" when I saw your MRI as my heart stopped for a few seconds while I was searching for your cord...... Totally amazing and shocking. I'm glad you are still with us.

15 years ago, I had some cord left between C-4 and C-6. 10 years ago, less. Now, none (or close.) I never had any normal sensation or movement below injury level. Tell me how to post a scan from my latest MRI CD and I will, but it won't match that one.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Spending what's left of my life between not being able to sleep to not being able to stay awake.....and always the pain/burning. I'm guessing the sleep is coming from exhaustion from pain, copd, and congestive heart failure. It's not a peaceful, restful sleep. I wake up off and on with the pain, then the next thing I know, I'm waking up again and again! It's really kind of scary.....not being able to control it. It was'nt that long ago that the only way I got any sleep was to get so tired that I finally slept for awhile. Now, some days it's noon before I can finally wake up enough to stay awake. I'm tired all of the time. Worn out. I just sit here, day after day. Do nothing, go nowhere. What happened to the busy person that use to be up before dawn and did'nt go to bed until very late everyday........ Storms have gone through again and ramped up the pain the past few days.....and I'm dreading next week....calling for more and my meds don't do much on days like that. I want it to just stop! I'm tired of it all!

It's been some rough time the past eleven days. I lost my older sister to brain cancer early Friday morning of the 3rd. It was for the best, I know that, and we had really lost her before then.

Grief and stress certainly has a way of making the burning pain intensify! For sure! Plus the never ending storms. But mostly, I miss my sister............

Oh smoky mtn, I am so sorry. Grief sure doesn't help the pain, me and my new wrinkles can testify to that.

Again, heartfelt condolences, friend.

Thanks Betheny. She was mother, sister, and friend....and one of the kindest people I have ever known. I've had since last fall to get use to the idea, and thought I had pretty much. But you know how it is when it hits you, that you'll not see them again in this life time. I'd like to think I will in the next, should I manage to make it there! lol

I'm lucky and have a lot of good memories to hold onto. I guess I just did'nt think the grief would hit as hard as it did.