Page 77 of 106 FirstFirst ... 27676869707172737475767778798081828384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

I know you're right Grange...one day at a time. It just gets harder as time goes on and it gradually gets even worse.

Alan......I agree. I thought things were bad when this started, but since it's chronic and progressive....it can be a little depressing at times. Especially when you go through a few "bad" days. I just can't help wishing I had a little more function. I'm blessed and am incomplete, but the pain levels can take away the ability to enjoy it. Seems like there are more bad days than good and so far complaining at the pain clinic isn't doing me any good. My family wants me to change clinics. I hate the thought of starting over......

My tinglingl, burning, stabbing neurogenic pain is increadibly bad today. Pain is terribly isolating because though they might try, people who haven't had spinal cord injuries can't relate or are in some cases are pretty much indifferent.
    I really feel desperate to find some way to lessen the seemingly endless, daily, nightly, constant pain...17 years (since my injury) is enough!!! I don't know about others but ideas like working seem like a very distant afterthought when your pain is overwhelming...
    There seems to be no cause and effect as to why or when the pain is severe...well other than the initial injury. I think I've picked up this problem from others on this thread.

kyle - this was suggested in another thread and I found it a good read with good ideas.http://pain-topics.org/pdf/IntractablePainSurvival.pdf

I had hit the jackpot with respect to Dr.'s and PM in the beginning!!! My Physiatrist was my angel, he "got" it, (it being the SCI pain and shoulder/arm pain). He personally had a SCI, 2 cervical surgeries and a shoulder surgery. He'd also spent time consulting my long time, Orthopaedic Surgeon, and Neurosurgeon regarding my other injuries and my quirky metabolism and meds. He spent long visits explaining what the pain would become over time and told me, (unlike my current Dr.), he wouldn't let me suffer. He said, PM is about quality of life. My pain wasn't too bad then, so I didn't really get it.

A couple of years ago, just as my pain became exactly what he predicted, just as I figured out the pain he was talking about, Dr. Angel moved away! He's in East, TN now.

When the pain is bad, like today, I miss him so much.

Anyone know where I can find a doctor with a SCI, and a shoulder surgery or two would be a plus? LOL

BTW, I'm so sorry for everyone's pain... you're in my thoughts!

OP, thanks for starting this "Pity Party for Pain", it's a good place, its many posts puts in all into perspective!

T
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtn memories View Post
    I know you're right Grange...one day at a time. It just gets harder as time goes on and it gradually gets even worse.

Alan......I agree. I thought things were bad when this started, but since it's chronic and progressive....it can be a little depressing at times. Especially when you go through a few "bad" days. I just can't help wishing I had a little more function. I'm blessed and am incomplete, but the pain levels can take away the ability to enjoy it. Seems like there are more bad days than good and so far complaining at the pain clinic isn't doing me any good. My family wants me to change clinics. I hate the thought of starting over......
    Smoky, I'm so sorry you're struggling with your pain and the PMC! Been there, done that! Things changed fast in our State and us patients are being left in the dust.

The Physiatrist, I mentioned in the above post, now practices in Cookville. Last I heard, he was no longer Rx'ing PM's, however I was told he consults with his patient's PMC, making recommendations regarding their treatment plans. If he is close enough and you're interested in looking into his practice, please feel free to PM me and I'll send you his information.

BUT, if you visit him, you have to promise to hug him for me! Like I said earlier, I miss him sooooo much!!!

In the meantime, I hope you're feeling better!

T
    Incomplete, SCI, T1-T8, w/ Arachnoid Cyst. Bilateral shoulder surgeries, 2 on the left, 3 on the right, right forearm surgery for a crushed radial nerve.

"We can always choose to perceive things differently. We can focus on what's wrong in our life, or we can focus on what's right."
    — Marianne Williamson

I appreciate the thought T, but Cookville is too far for me. I wish there were one closer to me now. I travel an hour and a half to Knoxville to get to the one I go to. I saw a PM clinic here in town, but I'm not too sure about it. It's a small one located in a small strip mall. The one I go to is located in one of the hospitals. Every year some new law passes that makes it harder and harder to be treated.

I was hoping you were closer to Cookville, Smoky.

Yes, it's a sad situation in TN. There's something seriously wrong when regulations take priority over patient care.

I hope you find a new Dr. that puts your needs before the States!

T

— Marianne Williamson

Well after last 4 days of no sleep and a good bit of suppport from members like T , lynnifer and a few more in a different thread I kind of glanced this thread again and I feel a lot like the other Gary on here that I am tired tired tired of this shit..

I used to hear and think that the " lord only gives me what I can handle" and also " what dont kill use makes us stronger "
    But in the first 10 years after my injury without much pain and having people to fall back on I believed in a lot of that .
    Now after 32 years I am at the end of my rope ..

Well what about " The lord only gives us what we can handle until we CAN'T take it anymore"
    What then ? Where can we go ?
    It Might be a so called Sin to the real religeous but truth be told , I keep a gun near my bed for home protection , loaded and had it out I was so frustrated last night with no sleep , no pills , no peace.
    Thats when I popped back on here last night to get more perspective on what I am going through now...
    It helped keep me here through the night ...
    Thanks to all that postd for me last night and this morning thanks for getting me through another night..
    Gary
    T-10 ,,1980,,

Gary, I just saw this and your other thread tonite. I sent you a private message. Glad someone was able to help.

Take care and keep feeling better!

Teena

Try drinking 3-in-1 coffee and eating banana at the same time and see if it lessens the pain