Page 61 of 106 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

It's 30 years of worsening torture now. The sensation loss, replaced by pain, will continue to creep upward, my use of my arms will continue to decrease, my mood will worsen, and the Orioles will still suck.

Meanwhile, decent people with lives will be killed every day, by accidents or homicides.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

alan, I'm so, so sorry that you're living such a nightmare.

I must rant.

ATTENTION, ER DOCTORS:

For the 20th time, IT'S NOT A PAIN PUMP!! It delivers baclofen, not morphine. So when I come to you with abdominal pain and you prevent me from taking the regular oral pain meds that just barely keep from screaming my bloody head off, I'm going to need more than 50 crappy mg of IV demerol every four hours to keep from hurting!!!! While that makes your regular patients comfortable, I am NOT, repeat, NOT opioid-naive or AB. It's called central pain -- look it up!!!

That is all.

(For now.)
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

HC- I think I"m going to either put this on a nice color poster board and a-fix it to myself or put it on a CD and put it on loop the next time I need to go to the ER for pain or anything else for that matter...... SHEESH!!! I think another awful part is then once they label you, the attention that you receive just goes even further downhill and much more spread out time wise .

I know that isn't all... I"ll be checking for part II.....

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

I feel for you. Nothing like having to deal with total idiots who think they know so much better just because they have a framed diploma on your wall. Maybe a letter from your neuro is needed to spell things out so-to-speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleeka View Post
    I feel for you. Nothing like having to deal with total idiots who think they know so much better just because they have a framed diploma on your wall. Maybe a letter from your neuro is needed to spell things out so-to-speak.
    No note from the neuro Khaleeka because even he does not have the proper training. The only way to get that is to come live a day or two in our bodies and see what it feels like, hurts like and is like to be one of those of us with severe neuro pain!!! Then they might develop a bit more compassion... or should I say some compassion!!!!!!
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

i only read this page. am afraid to read last couple. am afraid of the pain i have now. don't want pump or any of that stuff, but... am heading for it, i know

Cass... Have you research the electronic spinal stimulator?
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

yes. not doing it. the searches here were enough.

My PM doc has you sign a contract yearly....one of the things on it that you agree to is..no er visits for pain. I had no problem with that. ER docs won't give you anything and you are labled for eternity as a drug seeker. They have no clue when it comes to cp.

I have home health care right now for sores on my legs.....I'm about to go nuts the next time someone asks me.......on a scale of 1 to 10! They know I have chronic pain, neuropathy, and still drive me nuts with that dam question! Treatment has just started and I'm told they will be around for at least summer.......I'm tired of it all allready after two weeks.......

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtn memories View Post
    My PM doc has you sign a contract yearly....one of the things on it that you agree to is..no er visits for pain. I had no problem with that. ER docs won't give you anything and you are labled for eternity as a drug seeker. They have no clue when it comes to cp.

I have home health care right now for sores on my legs.....I'm about to go nuts the next time someone asks me.......on a scale of 1 to 10! They know I have chronic pain, neuropathy, and still drive me nuts with that dam question! Treatment has just started and I'm told they will be around for at least summer.......I'm tired of it all allready after two weeks.......
    Aww, Trudy, that is awful. Sorry your sores are limiting you and that they are expected to take most of the summer to heal. Yes, the damn 1-10 pain question drives me nuts. I always just say my baseline is about a seven, so let's start there!