Page 52 of 106 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

I am offended by people that feel sorry for me. The vialest worst that have been spoken to me since my accident were, "out of pity because I felt sorry for you!" Out of the mouth of somebody I thought was a friend. NO LONGER!!!! I do not need PITY!!!! I welcome a helping hand when it is needed but I do not want you feeling sorry for me!!!!!!! Pain Still SUCKS!!!!! I can say that here without being judged... right???????
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quad79 View Post
    Funny. My f's fly from the time I get up! When I'm really pissed(like dropping my reacher after needing & trying to pick up something for 15 min), I use GD. Then I quickly apologize to God. I've always had a potty mouth but my vocabulary really expanded with paralysis. We should get a free pass, it does help!
    There is a time and a place for everything!

No judgement, no pity.

Just to be clear I did not think you were judging at all. I was just agreeing that pity had no place in my life also and relating my experience!

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post
    Just to be clear I did not think you were judging at all. I was just agreeing that pity had no place in my life also and relating my experience!
    Never thought so silly, just agreeing with you. I make people laugh with me b/c I'd rather thjem not feel pity. I hate pity as well.

Alrighty! That is not the first time I have been called silly!!!!!

Increased tramadol & gabapentin, plus added clonidine. So far, all I've gotten is really sleepy & way more brain fog.

I'm so overwhelmed with my newest torment of CP the most. Sensitivity to touch in one place & the sensitivity to cold in another. It also feels like someone has put that one spot under dry ice. As if the hell fire from the belly down, hot razor blades picking my toes, scolding hot vise grips pulling at my calves, voltage surges, tight tummy hugs & coke bottles up the ass weren't enough...thanks nerves, I love you too.

I haven't forgotten you though, increasing muscular skeletol pain. I have much respect for what you so selflessly add to my life. I can feel the
    love.

They say your body is your temple but should it be a temple of doom?!

quad79, I hope you have had a better day today~!!!

Hi people

Sorry to read your posts about your pain. Quad 79, thanks for putting out some good words to describe it.

There may be something wrong with me. I don't mind pity at all. Any form of acknowledgement that central pain exists is okay by me. I have been writing to scientific researchers for twenty years to try to get them to have pity and do some research. I cannot remember how brave people think. I cannot remember a lot, including the sense of touch. As to pity, I do like to be left alone, and not have to explain myself, but if some scientist is actually in a position to decide what they want to study, I make every attempt to get their attention, pity or any other way I can get them thinking about pain research.

This is not to detract from the many brave people here. They do better than I do. Me, I am afraid of each day. I either want to be left alone since I cannot describe it, OR I want someone to pay very close attention, hopefully someone with a PhD in pharmacology or biochemistry.

I am resolved to suffering, hoping not to make any big blunders today because I am in pain. I do agree pity doesn't help the motor aspects of SCI, (who wants people staring at you, or answering questions) but I guess I do in fact hope for pity about pain, and a lot of it, since I lack the education myself to attack this problem scientifically. It is a great evil. I therefore accept pity, provided something concrete is done. Pity for pity's sake is useless. It is kind of a rebuke to do nothings.

We all know how neurosurgeons are. They cost, a lot. Years ago I went to one and saved up for the visit. He told me I wasn't going to get better. He then took two hundred out of his billfold and said, "I want to make a deal with you. I am going to give you this two hundred dollars and you have to promise not to kill yourself. You are the third patient I have had with central pain and the other two took their lives. This nearly killed me. So you promise me you won't do that. I can't take it."

I am still here. I am keeping my side of that pain contract. And that doctor had pity, whether on me or on himself I do not know.
    Last edited by dejerine; 01-24-2011 at 07:13 AM.

I'll take a little pity and humor today. I'm dressed and waiting for my daughter to come pick me up for the pain clinic visit, and today my shoes are killing me......usually not so bad, but bad enough I usually just wear thick socks around the house. And to top it off....my right hand can't stand the touch of a feather today.

I want a little empathy from those around me. Empathy without me having to say anything..... I want pity from whoever is doing the research, if there is anyone, for a medication that would work for all. No more searching for the right cocktail of meds to give a little dam relief! I feel so sorry for the new sci, new cp's that don't have a clue what kind of struggle they are in for.....