Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

I curse these pains every day. It doesn't help.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Hey Alan....... Does it make it go away? NO!..... I know that. But sometimes it does seem to help to just reduce the amount of tension that is piled on top of the pain by screaming, cussing, typing a bunch of bad words, venting to others that know what we are feeling, pissing and moaning. Of course we all know that physical exertion of some sort helps as well. Mental release is what this is about. To me it is just another small piece of the puzzle that can add up to maybe relax the frown on my face and maybe somebody elses. I am sorry you are hurting... It sucks for sure.
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mckeownp View Post
    htmi pain research:
    Interesting article, too bad it was written in February 2008. I wonder if they've gotten anywhere in their research.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/attachm...2&d=1244414497

Quote Originally Posted by Fragile View Post
    Interesting article, too bad it was written in February 2008. I wonder if they've gotten anywhere in their research.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/attachm...2&d=1244414497
    Hi, just e-mailed Dr. Salter. He published VERY technical paper last month. I asked him to post to this forum....we"ll see.

I want some relief from the pains and shoulder blade problems so I'll want to do things and be able to do them. I have no desire to do anything.

How the hell does one explain that one's body is on fire, and some parts burn even hotter than the rest? How to explain bones sticking through skin, and all the other f'ing torture feelings? Screw it all.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by alan View Post
    I want some relief from the pains and shoulder blade problems so I'll want to do things and be able to do them. I have no desire to do anything.

How the hell does one explain that one's body is on fire, and some parts burn even hotter than the rest? How to explain bones sticking through skin, and all the other f'ing torture feelings? Screw it all.
    I've described my pain to many doctors and PA's and nurses for years. I've drawn on a picture where it hurts and how often/severe. It gets so damned frustrating saying and doing all that when all you want is the pain to stop.

I've finally got my pain pump in but no relief yet. I get my staples out and dosage adjusted in a week. Maybe, just maybe something will put the fire out and cut the power to the electric shocks. Maybe it won't hurt when my legs are touched. Fucking maybe. That's the best I get.
    No human society, present or past, has lacked music. Music is therefore one of the very few human universals, which puts it on the same level as food and sex.
    Fredric Lieberman

My heart pours out its blessings to you all dealing with pain. I know recurrent UTIs of late are frustrating me as well, but fortunately, there's drugs to knock those out.

Thanks for the article Frag and McK. Dr. Salter makes it sound pretty simple. Wish it was. Hope he has gotten somewhere.

LeType thanks for your blessings. I must say at times it helps to know your are not alone in experiencing things in life. With this pain I hate to hear so many others are hurting like this so much. I would not wish this on my enemies! (Well maybe a couple of my enemies, but not all of them).

Every time I come here I can't leave without a little vent at least so I'll just say... "Damn it! I am tired as hell of this friggin' pain!"
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

I HATE THIS FUCKING PAIN EVERYDAY, JUST LIKE ALL OF YOU GUYS & GALS.
    The thing I hate is when I have to go to the doctor's and ask for pain meds. It's like I have to convince them I'm really in pain, like the rods in my back aren't enough. Most of the doctors I see don't even know about SCI and I hate the ones that ask me, "What do you want me to do for you". I tell them I need pain meds and they start me off with crappy ones & make me come back 5-10 times before I get anything that starts to help. I feel like they are just trying to make as much money off me before they actually start to treat the pain. Then they want me to go to pain management and all they do is give me more pills and I thought they were actually going to fix my problem, not just cover it up, so I have to keep coming back. You really think they want to relieve our pain on the first visit?

some times i feel this is a slow death, how can there be such a funken monster inside me that never takes a fucken break,a pain there is no word for, why cant i have my fucken life back 4 years in a hell of hells i just fucken hate being so tired of it al