Page 41 of 106 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

I wanted to get back to every one and let you know that after the first couple of days things got a lot better. Friday when my daughter called to check on me, I was in tears and just about ready to go nuts. She talked to the RN on duty with her and she suggested that my daughter go get me some buffered aspirin to take along with the time released morphine mst 15mg. A world of difference, don't know why and don't care, it started working. If it keeps working this well, when they tweak the dosage in a month, I might actually feel like going somewhere or doing something. I know nothing will get rid of all the pain, they told me that and I'm not surprised. Just like they told me I have severe chronic pain, what a surprise!

Has anyone else ever tried this stuff? I hope it really ends up working. I'm afraid to believe it will work. I've been told the people at this pain clinic are good at getting your pain under control, will keep you posted.

I go to that jack ass of a class tomorrow afternoon. One thing that ticks me off is I have to pay for an office visit for this crap too. You would'nt believe the contract I had to sign for treatment too. I guess a lot of it is because of abusers.

Almost 2am.... Seriously F*** MY LIFE!!!! I'm supposed to go have this EMG tomorrow because of this pain . I swear...... My life is run by things I can't control and I HATE it!!!!! Why does this pain insist on hanging around to make my stupid life even harder then it already is?? I'm sooooooo bloody PISSED OFF!!!!!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

My husband is post 1 year, can some one describe what kind of pain they are having? He has more burning and as he descibes it is he has more and more tingling in his legs.

Beckers, the no sleep because you hurt too much cycle is out of control. I'm right there too -- last night's 4mg of Zanaflex plus 10 mg of Ambien plus 2 mg of Lunesta bought me 45 minutes of miserable sleep between 3a and 4 am. Been awake ever since, and am MISERABLE with pain and the need to crash. Maybe after I eat something...

Anyway, sorry you had another suck ass night. It has done one very positive thing for you, though -- your anger is back, and anger keeps you alive. And you sticking around makes me and a lot of other folks happy.

T, how did the much maligned opioid class go? As bad or worse than we thought?
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Sleep, blessed sleep ...how I wish

Saw the new doc, will write more but a different experience. Doing testing June 1 and may wait until afterwards.

Off narcs completely almost 2 weeks, still have withdrawal episodes and the pain is freakin nuts. saw my normal pain doc today and he told me I'm nuts but... He's offered a suboxone program says it will take a couple months to be done done with narc withdrawal, but i declined, he gave some tips for particularly bad episodes.

only thing i take is skelakin, zanaflex and my other "normal" eg insulin, BP meds.

having a shakes chills /swaets episode now FML

"God bless us one and all" tiny tim
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

My med class went as expected, so stupid. It was actually held in the waiting room at the end of the day! All he did was go over the paperwork/contract I've already read and signed. My son and grandson were there too, I had to laugh at my grandson, you could see him poking his dad to keep him awake. And to think I had to pay for this crap. It cost me two milk shakes (for the boys) and twenty-five dollars worth of gas on the way over and twenty-five dollars for the class and dunkin donuts on the way back home. What a waste of time and money.

Been having extra burning again, I see a long night in my future. Been cloudy all day so I suppose it's storm related, again.

Becky, I feel for ya kid. I hope the EMG can shed some light on the problem. At least my doctor at the pain clinic does'nt have to wonder if it's all in my head. At the class Dr Jones did go over how rough the state is on anyone treating or taking pain medications. That's the reason they're so strict on those treated. Problem is, that does'nt help us much.

For all those wondering how the EMG went please visit my other thread http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...24#post1214124 ..... This is where the update is... starting at post # 184.

Becky
    since 1/3/04

I think I am going to try the whole drink myself silly and see how well that goes over. Nothing else is making this pain tolerable .............

Becky
    since 1/3/04

up all freaking night finally dozed at 4 and my old scottie started howling, had gotten sick and puked his bed, crate and surrounding area. no sleep, excruciating agony, depressed. all cleaned up now FML
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

Becky, please be careful about mixing alcohol with your meds. I'm kind of a hypocrite when it comes to this topic -- I used to regularly wash down a handful of pills with a cocktail. Scared a few friends to death with that little stupid human trick.

I can understand where you're coming from for sure -- I'd just hate to see you maybe end up worse off than you are now from mixing alcohol and pain meds (think valium and beer a la Karen Ann Quinlan).

Ket Kit, poor puppy and poor you for not being able to sleep again. I get it -- took 4mg of Lunesta at 3am, back awake at 4:15a and haven't been able to sleep again since. I don't even know how many months it's gone on like this, every damn night. I'm so fricking tired...
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar