Page 38 of 106 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

I sure hope they got the bad ones pulled from the shelves. It would be nice if they would tell a person something about it so their husband would'nt freak when he saw that commercial! lol Thanks David!

Screaming doesn't help ..... Crying doesn't help .... Distraction helps for a little while but definately not long enough. Whats the answer??? This does not need an answer... I know there is no answer.....

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    Screaming doesn't help ..... Crying doesn't help ....
    No, it doesn't, and neither does fidgeting or shifting around because there's no position in which it can't find you. I'm so freaking tired of being under siege by an invading army of pain.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

I hear ya, this pain sucks!

I also have chronic back pain in my upper back. I probably would have more pain in my lower back, but I can't feel it because my injury level is at T1/T2, so I have no feeling from my chest down. I feel this pain ALL THE TIME; when I'm in my chair, laying in bed, sitting on a couch..... The only time my pain is relieved is when I lay on a flat, hard surface like the floor or a weight bench, which is very rare until recently. The pain seems to just disappear when I'm on a flat, hard surface. I think I need some plywood to put on my bed!

I hurt all the time now except when waking some rare mornings. Then I try not to move, breathe deep...and revel in some minutes free...

I'm reaching a breaking point. Some new decline is happening with what remains of my C/upper T cord and it's sending my CP to levels I haven't experienced since right after the surgery that f'd up the cord in the first place.

The two areas that are killing me are the upper left and lower right quadrants, the same ones as back in 78. My damage has always been like that -- right arm and left leg have diminished feeling, reflexes, and zero CP, but left arm and right leg are hyper sensitive, hyper-reflexive, and CP saturated. It crosses at the waist.

It's the same pain as I've talked about before -- pressure from within and the outside, lancinating, long cuts to the swollen flesh, electric shocks up the neural pathway from the foot to where it explodes in my hip, needles, ground glass, bamboo slivers, scraping shavings from my shin bone, and that damn knitting needle that keeps thrusting up from the mattress into my butt cheek and hip.

Back when this pain first happened, though, I had as close to unlimited access to IM morphine as I wanted. It didn't stop the pain, but it kept me stoned enough that I could cope. Now none of my current meds can take me away from it, but taking a double dose (60 mg) of the oxycodone I use for break though pain can buy Me a few minutes of reduced pain.

I'm so tired of this #$%&-ing pain, figuratively and literally -- it hurts so bad all night, every night I can't sleep and neither can My poor HH. Something has to give.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Sorry HC,

This is a long road we travel. I've stopped my ketamine, narcs, Drabinol (THC), patches, they do so little and I'm so head screwed, no memory, spacey,

just taking the spaz/spas meds, BP, Chlorestrol, and insulin.

pain is a bit worse but what always 9- 10 anyway. hard to sleep, may add the sleeping pills after a few days.

sooooo tired of this.

vacation was OK a few days pretty good the rest normal sucked. no wheels, sucked it up and did less but had a nice break. pics in pic section.

new doc monday then weds my reg pain/physiatrist

starting to wonder why I bother, going to dark places again. ahh yes shrink this week too.
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

HipCrip - Im so sorry that you are having worsening of your pain . I wish I had words of wisdom but unlike some on here I really don't. I also can't tell you to just trudge on because then I would be a hypocrite. I hope that you get some relief soon and that today/last night was just one of those push you over the edge kind of nights and you have regained your fight. (I hope that makes sense). Heres to another night of the same old thing.... One hour at a time!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

THC - I am very sorry that you have to endure this recent worsening. You are too nice a soul to have to waste your time with this....

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    THC - I am very sorry that you have to endure this recent worsening. You are too nice a soul to have to waste your time with this....
    ditto.