Page 104 of 106 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1055

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

Alan

Nothing to say that hasn't been said, but WOW, 33 years?

Hey Dejarine - how are things going for you? I PMed you but I guess I can ask here?

Arndog

See PM

Quote Originally Posted by ketamine kitty View Post
    i am struggling-ket
    I know you've probably tried methadone but maybe a revisit with a nerve pain add on? Is medical heroin still available anywhere? It used to be used for cancer way way back.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by dejerine View Post
    Alan

Nothing to say that hasn't been said, but WOW, 33 years?
    Yep, 33+ years of being controlled by pains. The movie "It's A Wonderful Life" was not written about me.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Quote Originally Posted by ketamine kitty View Post
    i am struggling-ket
    I wish I had an idea for you, and the rest of us.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

re heroin, I made a note on the other post lose B&B and my right leg on most opiates bizarre but.. And the Demerol is for the "screamers" my docs had never seen one and while discussed never did anything, seeing a few I got it prescribed at discharge Mercifully they are not frequently but literally scream sometimes til the blood comes from my throat puke, lose my bladder and cannot interact with the outside world see only colors and can't decipher words.

re methadone have about 300 of them. they do not work for CP (at least me0 and hit the B&B leg issue within the hour, at shockingly lo dosages.

i've finished 3 roounds of scotch and havintrouble typing so merry Christmas to all nd toall a good night

ket

Yea, I can still lock my knees for most transfer unless I've taken ambien, oxycodone, flexeril and occasionally even my nightly valium. Thankfully they don't mess with b and b. I normally try to take all these kind of meds at night after I transfer in and my quadriceps for locking knees are normally back by morning. I think they relax the few working neurons we incompletes still have too much.

Might ask your pain doc about Ampyra. It helped some of my spasms and sensations become more normal. I dropped all my nerve pain on it but was introduced to my osteo arthritis but that is treatable.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Sue, how many milligrams of Ampyra do you take a day?
    Might ask your pain doc about Ampyra. It helped some of my spasms and sensations become more normal. I dropped all my nerve pain on it but was introduced to my osteo arthritis but that is treatable.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com