Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 35393949596979899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1055

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

I have the aicd burning as well from mid , low back on down.. my low back and butt are the worst and around my waist.
    this difficult to deal with...hats off to everyone else who deals with this same agony..

another miserble day spent with burning hell for pain... starting not to give a shit anymore...

Is anyone's entire body in pain? Like literally your entire body? I'm a C-3 quadriplegic and from the middle of my chest down it's literally all nerve pain. And yes, my screen name says it all, this. Sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by This Sucks View Post
    Is anyone's entire body in pain? Like literally your entire body? I'm a C-3 quadriplegic and from the middle of my chest down it's literally all nerve pain. And yes, my screen name says it all, this. Sucks.
    Not speaking for myself, but after years on this forum I can absolutely assure you that you are not alone. I know of individuals who have no normal touch sensation anywhere on their body, only pain sensations. Most people with central pain syndrome find it very challenging to treat, but most can find something that at least helps a little. Keep reading and you'll find things that have helped others. One of the more common approaches is to use something such as neurontin along with a tricyclic antidepressant. Both work to tame down the wayward nerve signals that are firing off and causing you the pain.

so tired of life slipping by while i deal with electrical storm for pain...

what do you do if the meds cause more problems then good... i tired lyrica ..that was hell... i tried neurotten.. no relief..i'm on gabapentin highest dose i can handle no relief... only relief i get is sleep.. and i knock my self out to do that... I cut sugar out of my diet..i eat right..i do every thing i can and i'm still in the same amount of pain... super hypersensitive pain

Quote Originally Posted by Freespin 71 View Post
    what do you do if the meds cause more problems then good... i tired lyrica ..that was hell... i tried neurotten.. no relief..i'm on gabapentin highest dose i can handle no relief... only relief i get is sleep.. and i knock my self out to do that... I cut sugar out of my diet..i eat right..i do every thing i can and i'm still in the same amount of pain... super hypersensitive pain
    I am not confident it is the right answer for anyone including me but I have tried so many pain meds and the only thing that works for me is Vicodin. It does not take the pain away but it makes it manageable. I take one in the am then another at lunch and that will usually get me through the workday. Bad days there will be another around dinner time. At times I worry about the physical addiction (I have been taking it for over a year) and I will take a weekend off to see what the impact is and I don't feel the narcotic withdrawal that some report but the pain comes back with a vengeance so I do feel confident it is working for me.

I thi k it's great that some people get some relief and i do wish that i to could be like that.. vicodin speeds me out and really didn't do much for pain... i just really don't do well with meds...

Quote Originally Posted by Freespin 71 View Post
    I thi k it's great that some people get some relief and i do wish that i to could be like that.. vicodin speeds me out and really didn't do much for pain... i just really don't do well with meds...
    I am sorry to hear that. There is such a common tone in all the pain threads where sitting seems to aggravate our pain yet we can't stand up. I hope you do find some relief.

Quote Originally Posted by This Sucks View Post
    I've been that way for 33 years, along with a plethora of other sensations to go along with it. You're absolutely right, it does suck. And it drives me nuts, starting with the bones sticking through the skin of my back sensation.
    Last edited by alan; 07-26-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.