Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dejerine View Post
    I just see anger (at God or anything else) as kind of one of the stages of acquiring central pain. Animals roar with pain, and man is an animal.
    That is the reason I started this post so we have a place to ROAR!!!!! Sometimes it feels good to just holler FUCKKKKK!!!!!

No offense meant to anybody.

Again..... This is a place where people that need to vent can do so without judgement. Without being called whiners or weak or anything like that.

Neuro pain sucks. Central Pain SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!

Grange
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

I choose not to say the " f " word because I'm a gentlemen.
    I will say my gosh darn foot hurts!

Gunnslinger8

Gunnslinger..... Thanks for your comment. I know this may be confusing to you but I choose not to say the "f" word in my everyday life as well. Whether I am a gentleman... well I leave up to others to decide.

I have a teenage son and I am trying to be a good example for him and to me that includes keeping a leash on the most dangerous weapon I own.... MY TONGUE!!

This thread is not about the "f" word. I do not have to say "f" to vent my frustrations but sometimes it helps and thus I can come to this thread which I created for that purpose. I know I can come here without fear of judgement from others and say whatever I want in venting about this affliction that most of us have in common. PAIN!!!! More specifically NERVE PAIN!!!!! I also know that those that are here most probably know where I am coming from because they suffer from the same affliction. I have politely asked those that would judge others for anything that they might say in venting to move to one of the other multitude of threads available to post their opinions about profanity and/or morality. (I am not targeting your comment as judgemental!)

My desire is for this to be a judgement free zone.

I know there are times when the most gentlemanly gentleman or gentile lady wants to let loose and holler without restriction to relieve his or her frustrations. This is a safe place to do it where it does not hurt anybody. If cutting loose for you is saying "my gosh darn foot hurts" then LET IT FLY my friend.

With all that said I am glad to report that I am having a low pain day so far. I hope other regular posters here are too!!!

Grange

Grange, You are always a gentleman. You can say the f word here whenever you like and it would not change my opinion.
    Sometimes a little cussing is good for what ails a person.

Damn Hurricane!!!
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

Fuck! I fucking love that fucking article for fuck's sake.

Question pain

Grange and others,I have suffered from RSD,also known as reflex sympathetic dystrophy or chronic regional pain syndrome,since 2004 when I injured my right knee.After multiple lumbar blocks,injections,enough narcotics to get a city high and offers to cut a sympathetic nerve in my back I was about to throw in the towel because nothing worked.Then I found relief in the form of ancient medicine,Accupuncture!It didn't work overnight but in a few months I was able to stop taking my narcs and live.Yes,I do continue to have some pain but compared to the hell I suffered before, it's minimal.Effort has to be made to find a true healer who is very adept at accupuncture not some fly by night idiot.Grange,I noticed you are from Ga and would be glad to let you have the number of my accupuncturist if you would like.

Quote Originally Posted by Grange View Post

1)I have a teenage son and I am trying to be a good example for him and to me that includes keeping a leash on the most dangerous weapon I own.... MY TONGUE!!

2)With all that said I am glad to report that I am having a low pain day so far. I hope other regular posters here are too!!!

Grange
    1)I need to tighten up too. I was just thinking that my newest nephew turned 1 month old yesterday so I have 11 more months to clean it up b4 his "impressionable" years .lol. I can't stand wee lil cussers for some reason, yet I do it?

2) That's great. Those days are hard to find. Yay 4 you!

I found the greatest PT that found the cause of some my severe shoulder/neck pain. Screw drs to know anything. This pain required me to put pressure right under the base of my skull and @ x's forced me to lay flat bc I couldn't hold me head up....spazzy knots around my occiputul(?) nerves. I got the most intense massage that killlllled my CP areas when touched but the after it was done, my upper body felt better than it has for a long time. My skin is still sore though, 6 days later and I was back to hurting in 3. Seeing her 2x/wk and in hopes we can kick this pain w/ strengthening exercises and massage.

On another note, the Amitriptyline's and increases in Gab aren't making me sleepy anymore. That's good to take the am edge off but by night, my tolerance just has me @ square 1.

Thanks SUthin Man... I have tried accupuncture. I gave it a three month shot with a highly regarded accupuncturist here in Columbus, GA where I live. I do think I actually got a small amout of relief from it however each visit was $45 minimum and not covered by insurance so I could not justify paying for the small amount of relief I got. Thanks for the report though and I am glad it is helping you.

Q79... You better clean up your filthy a$$ mouth you F+++ing 81tcH. (Please take this as the joke it is meant to be!!!) Anyway.... I get a 2 hour massage every two weeks and I feel better right when she gets through than any other time in my life right now. I get pretty good benefit from it for about 3 days, same as what you said, and then it starts to go away. After a week I am ready for another massage but I cannot afford to go every week.

I truly believe that if I could go 2x per week like you are that I could reduce my meds significantly. What does not make sense to me is that the massages are WAY cheaper than the meds but the ins. company won't pay for massage even though it is effective. Don't get me started!!!!!

Hope everybody gerts a good nights rest.

Grandin