Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

Can someone tell me how we are in so much pain but we can't feel below our level of injury. I'm a C 4/5 complete and have unbearable pain in my back and hip any sudden sound sends a shock though my hip.

I can't stand it any more nothing I do takes away the pain. My 29 year anaverseriry is June 28. I'm hoping to get even a little by then but if I don't I'm not sure I'll make it past that date.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Where's that fatal heart attack when I need it?
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

AAARRRGGGHHH So freakin tired, too much pain to sleep going on two weeks, exhausted
    Kindly,

The Ketamine Kitty

All the tears, all the pain, all the rage through the night (apolgies to the rewrite) RR

Next time I die make sure I'm gone,
    don't leave 'em nothing to work on JT

And I ain't nothin but a dream JM

scared like hell

I got injured in september 2011 and I have a T6 injury and I´m an ASIA A and right now I have NO pain ..... only strange feelings in my legs which i can´t describe.
    I´m scared as hell when Im reading this comments that you guys have so much pain........in which timeframe started the pain after your injury?

thanks........

KK11

Took 25 years for my pain to rear its ugly head and some of it I think is 'cause of bad posture I had for the majority of those years.

We are not guaranteed anything but you can't go through life stressing over something you have no control over and that may never happen.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Quote Originally Posted by lcgarrison View Post
    Hooked on vicodin 8yrs. Just added 60 mg. cymbalta that makes me dopey for the first hours after taking it. While I sit here typing my legs are burning so bad it makes concentration a challenge. And yet this is a good day.
    I just added 60mg of Cymbalta too. Made me very tired for about two weeks and then my body seemed to adjust. I take it right before bed. Seems to help with the burning and it seems to help me sleep better. My one attempt at a couple of drinks resulted in a very long nap.....
    2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboys_Place View Post
    KK11

Took 25 years for my pain to rear its ugly head and some of it I think is 'cause of bad posture I had for the majority of those years.

We are not guaranteed anything but you can't go through life stressing over something you have no control over and that may never happen.
    Yeah your right ..... im just wondering that even in the clinic and in rehab I was the only one with no pain....perhaps my cord is screwed like shit because of that nonsense of pain. Im hoping for you that this bullshit gonna stop someday that you dont have pain anymore........

I don't normally complain and can't imagine being in pain 24/7 ... but I'm so tied to our weather! Freezing rain, rain and wet snow was coming yesterday and I hurt for 24hrs waiting for it in my shoulders ... sucks when you're working.

Heat helps, but I succumbed to an oxy which I haven't done in literally months.

Will have to take Motrin during working hours.

Neuro pain is more active for me in warmer weather - for whatever reason!
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I don't normally complain and can't imagine being in pain 24/7 ... but I'm so tied to our weather! Freezing rain, rain and wet snow was coming yesterday and I hurt for 24hrs waiting for it in my shoulders ... sucks when you're working.

Heat helps, but I succumbed to an oxy which I haven't done in literally months.

Will have to take Motrin during working hours.

Neuro pain is more active for me in warmer weather - for whatever reason!
    Hi Jen,

Move to sunny Florida. I'm in N. Central Florida- Ocala/Silver Spring Shores. It did get down to 42*F this morning but is expected to hit 72*F this afternoon. When I first got up at 5AM the thermostat in here read 73*F so I switched the mode to Heat and cranked it upped to 77. It's toasty in here now!

Just 1 oxy? They took me off oxy and put me on morphine. 100mgs x 3 slow release per day. There's less euphoria and less DEA meddling with morphine. If you're gonna take pills for pain they sure don't want ya enjoying it!

For my 1st 23 years I lived in Pennsylvania and it got really cold there during the winter months. I worked for US Steel on the railroad so was outside a lot of the time but when you're able-bodied it's no big deal. Without the proper internal thermal regulation things are very different.

After you retire maybe you'll move south. We love you Canadian "snowbirds" down here!

I hope you're able to get comfortable.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

check www.paraplegicanonymous.org for further discussions (it's a facebook group)