Page 88 of 106 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm tired of this #$%&-ing pain!!!!

SuperSi - I am taking 450 mg Lyrica per day. Are you on 600 mg per day?

Quote Originally Posted by Garyis View Post
    That is terrible! I'm still able to get Rx on pain meds filled 4 days early and it has never been brought up that they had to count the meds that I had. What lousy rule. I might be dumb asking this, but why is there a law/rule like this? If you didn't bring but a couple of meds that you have for back up, how would they know the difference? You could say that you were out.none left.
    You say you're out, you're going to be accused of A) Drug abuse B)Selling the effing things C)Both.

My mom died like 3 days before my pain doctor appt. I had to go to the office and beg and cry (not hard under those circumstances). As you say,one small foul-up in procedure = a whole world of hurt. But that was like 3 years ago. Surprised this policy is only making waves w/ you guys now.

I've never heard of the whole pill-counting thing. I've also never heard of being able to get scripts even a day early either though.

My new dr. was reluctant to take me on. Told me up front he doesn't do pain meds. I said okeydoke, as I am also trying not to do pain meds, we should get along just fine.

2 mo's ago I went in for xanax for anxiety and insomnia and hyperthyroidism. And that douchey dr. asked me if I'm selling them!?

Just randomly, from nowhere, he asked me that!

I hate winter. It makes me hurt and it makes me want pain meds.

T, I'm sorry you encountered this. I know you don't deserve to be treated like a drug-scamming addict.

I connected on FB w/ a neighbor boy from my early years. He was probably 14 when I was 4? Their home was a refuge for me; my family was always full of strife. I was a littlebitty girl and the nice boys let me come over and listen to Yellow Submarine.

Then the oldest of the nice boys died. That was an early eye-opener. I'm only now finding out what happened. My parents refused to speak of him. (His death was one of those LSD "I can fly" misadventures that seem to have happened in the early to late 60's.) Looking back it was such a dark time. All those assassinations...

He just asked if I ever had kids.

Ugh. Pain comes in so many forms!

Off topic. Pain is pain, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by arndog View Post
    SuperSi - I am taking 450 mg Lyrica per day. Are you on 600 mg per day?
    Yep, 4x 150mg spaced out 5-6 hours apart. On the days I don't have to get up for work I only take 3 doses, first one when I get up. I've been taking co-dydramol (paracetamol and Dihydrocodeine) on bad days which worked great but I'm out of them now, my old man had them left over after cracking a couple of ribs.. I'll discuss it with my doctor to try and get a prescription, maybe without the paracetamol content because that on its own does nothing. Oramorph only makes my head spin, so that's pretty useless for me. I ran out of lyrics a while back, and couldn't get any more for 4 days... Not fun! Lyrics definitely makes a HUGE difference!

What else are you on now Arndog? I remember you helped me out with this at the start
    T11 Asia A after near-fatal bike crash.. Just happy to still be here

No, I didn't loose my mind... It got scared and ran away!!

Thanks for the info Garyls...

Anyone take something now & then when their neurogenic pain is terrible?

Have others tried Lyrica with good results? Lyrica didn't help me much...so I stopped taking it.
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Thumbs down neuro pain

Greetings fellow neuro pain sufferers Not long after I was injured in 1976 the stabbing pain began in my left leg. It got to where I could not function. B-12 shots,electric stim, etc nothing worked. Then 1989 I had a DREZ done at Craig. The surgeries were successful. I got about 90% relief. Now about six months ago the pain came back. FULL ON just where it let off 21 years ago. I am not sure why it came back. I wake up with it every morning. I am not sure what to now

Betheny, I think that's why I hate some of these rules the most.....they make you feel like a drug seeking idiot! I waited years before going to the pain clinic, but most doctors in TN won't give you pain meds, so you have no choice when you get to that point. I guess they feel they can catch the abusers by counting the meds, but I still don't see what good it will do them. As for the pharmacy, there have been times they have been out of my meds......then what do I do? You sign a contract agreeing to go to one pharmacy for all of your pain meds, it's not like I can go down the street and get it filled! I think it's rather harsh not giving you at least a couple of days!

I'm going to have to try and save any meds that I happen to miss taking. Once in awhile I sleep through a dose, so now I will have to save it. The thought of being without meds is scary. Last year about this time I was shorted on my morphine and had a hell of a time before my next meds!

And yes, pain does come in many, many forms.....and there are no pills for some. The only thing that will help is love from family and friends, and maybe good memories. The good memories can work both ways on you.....help and hurt. I hope yours help.......

i have just started getting major pain in my back like right where the rods from my surgery are. It seems that they get cold from hunting and I could just eat pain med after pain med and nothing seems to help FUCK YOU PAIN !!!!

How do you mentally cope with Pain? Do you use anti depressants,visualization or any other kind of mental exercises? I am just curious as to how others handle pain outside of meds.

I am fed up with pain, scoliosis, lack of balance, and f*cking Foley catheters. And my blasted dependence, because I have never been as strong as you all and developed a life.

If the world does end, I won't miss this torture.
    Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.