Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rather than a cement walkway what are my options?

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I'm leaning toward cement. I was warned about the bricks becoming uneven. I'm thinking 3 ft wide.
    My other walkways that were at the house to start with are around 3 feet and have worked out ok for me but you may want to go at least an extra 6 inches wider if at all possible as its a little more comfortable than being so tight against the lawn on either side of your wheels especially if its dark out.

I had my septic pumped today and found where the cover was. Just like I thought its gonna come very close to the walkway and 48 inches would cover the cover a little bit, so 42 inches its gonna have to be.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Well my estimate is at 3100.00 now. If i add 6" its going to add more to the cost.
    "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    You may not want to rule out concrete, but instead think about aggregate (exposed rock) which makes it less slippery and more attractive...
    We have an aggregate walk @ my mom's house - works great, looks great.

This isn't the best photo, but here's one that shows it.

This section has seen ~10 years of weather.

here is our patio. its a roman stamp w/ 2x2 45 deg angle cuts. its 2 color 1 integaral, mixed in the cement the othe is cast on top which gives the texture highlights. we have antislip in the sealant, its not slippery at all.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

that looks really nice but i would have feel penned in,but thats why the have differnt type
    housing

i just have a concrete patio but it serves the kids built me a brick walkway to office
    which helps

Heres the final product, its long. I ended up doing brushed cement. It was about half the cost of pavers.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred