Thread: Tempurpedic

Tempurpedic

Does anyone use a Tempurpedic mattress? I'm concerned about how easy it would be to move around on. I was looking at the 8 inch because it's supposed to be firmer but couldn't try it in the store. They had only the 10 inch on diplay.

I am a T6/T7 Complete (paralyzed from nipples down). I use a Tempurpedic Topper and love it. It made a big difference in comfort for me. I plan on getting the full bed and mattress in the near future.

-ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete

Visit me at Kev's Korner and sign my Guest Book.

I am T5 complete and have the full bed. No problems at all using it. Compared to a spring mattress which is too bouncy and throws me off balance. I have heard of people feel they sink in too much, but I have never felt that way at all. It is very easy to move around on. It is much more stable that a normal mattress in my opinion.

JOE

I have also had complaints from many that they feel like they are sleeping in a "pit" and that they have a hard time turning on a viscoelastic mattress (generic for the TempruPedic). I would only recommend one if you have had a chance to try one for several nights. Get a money-back guarantee before purchasing that will allow you to return or exchange if you don't like it.

(KLD)

We just got one (8"). It takes getting used to for sure, but I am starting to like it. I lie on my stomach and it is damn comfortable. It is different though, but I think I can get used to it. My GF even had to get used to it.

Building a house; check it out

Thanks for posting this question. I have also thought about getting this bed. I sent away for the sample and brocher. They are expensive. The free 90 day home trial isn't exactly free. It cost $150 for delivery, I think(nonrefundable).This is why I have not tried it. I am also afraid that I would like it and don't want to spend that much for a mattress right now. If you call for the sample the send you something every couple of months in case you forgot about them. I found this to be quite humorous. I would love to hear more sci testimonials.

jOE

I'm a C5/6 complete and I've had a tempurpedic bed for over two years and it has been great for my skin. I am really thin (6ft tall, 110lbs), and obviously can't shift my position in bed much, but I've never had so much as a pink area with the bed. My only complaint is that the matress is very firm until it warms up, but once warm it's quite comfortable, for me.

And you get a pick up line with your tempurpedic, by default: "You know, my bed vibrates."

I did the 90-day tryout and returned it after a week. I found the bed to be very hard until it warms up (as Saorsa said). I switched back to my Select Comfort mattress. Even though I lost the $150 delivery fee, I got to keep the two "free" pillows.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I'll try it.

Funny line Saorsa
    Saorsa wrote:
    And you get a pick up line with your tempurpedic, by default: "You know, my bed vibrates."

Good luck with your house off.

At least you got the pillows clipper.