Thread: TiLite ZRA vs. Quickie Ti

Smile TiLite ZRA vs. Quickie Ti

I'm looking at getting a new chair and trying to decide between these two chairs. They look pretty similar, except for tubing thickness. What are the differences between them, if any? I know TiLite seems to be the chair of the moment, I use one now, but I'm curious about any praise/criticism about either chair. In particular any commentary about the quickie GTi as I'm leaning towards that chair. Thanks!
    Last edited by darkwavs; 05-17-2009 at 11:56 PM.

i hear it flexs bad. the zr/zra doesnt
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I had the Quickie Ti...for a few months. I have severe spasms, and Fuente is right, because of the 1 inch tubing, it flexes a lot. Now, that may be ok for someone who does not have severe spasms, but when I spasmed, the tubing flexed with my spasms throwing me out of the chair. This happened several times. Thank goodness this was my backup chair (bought for $600), and my insurance could pay for a ZR. Now, when I spasm, the tubing does not flex, and I stay in my chair.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Yikes. I have pretty bad spasticity. Do your spasms throw you forward? By flexes, do you mean tip forward?

Quote Originally Posted by darkwavs View Post
    Yikes. I have pretty bad spasticity. Do your spasms throw you forward? By flexes, do you mean tip forward?
    My spasms have a tendency to throw me forward...especially if I get stomach spasms!

By flexing...I mean the down tubes that attaches to the footplate of the chair will move back and forth. I know someone who had this chair who put his footplate up against a wall and pushed...and the whole thing flexed backwards. In my opinion...I do not think chairs should be able to do that. A little yes...but not like this did.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

I have a Quikie Ti and it's been a good chair. Never owned ZRA.so don't know about it. You need to decide what you like. In all honesty,there's not much difference in the chairs. I've had no flex problems.

You want your every day chair to suit your daily needs. If you buy a chair because one of us recommends it,and you don't like it,you will really be disappointed. Your life wont be ruined regardless of which chair you choose.

I know that chair choice comes down to whats best for you. However, I do want to hear about others thoughts about these chairs, not to have any decisions made for me, but because I believe there is value in knowing others experiences with a product that I may get. I'm concerned to hear about the problems some have had with the quickie as I have spasticity and while I'm rarely thrown forward, my spasms have a tendency to shift my weight back thus making my chair tip backwards. Were it not for my anti-tip bars I would have ended up on the floor countless times. This doesn't mean this chair wouldn't work for me, but user experience is good to hear, imo. I'm looking for stability in my next chair and certainly don't want a chair that makes it easier to fall out of. Been there, done that!

I currently have a TiLite, an older model, and its always been pretty tippy and with the addition of frog legs, I'm unable to propel up slight inclines without the entire chair tipping backwards. So in my next chair, I want this to be a non-issue. I've tested both the quickie and tilite and liked the way quickie rode better, but my body was relatively calm when I tested it. I did notice a big difference in tubing size between the two chairs and aside from this, the two seem virtually identical.

I'm going to try the zra again next week I believe and will go to the abilties expo and check out the different chairs there before I decide on any chair.

Thanks.