Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PERCOCET vs. Oxycodone HCL - PLEASE help!

Quote Originally Posted by rfbdorf View Post
    They are sensitive for good reason. Apparently you are lucky enough to never have experienced continual, unrelenting excruciating pain.
    In our experience, there is no high when opioids are taken responsibly for pain, for which they can work wonders (for some people). There is no excuse for misuse, which has resulted in many, many potentially responsible users being in unnecessary pain.
    - Richard
    AMEN (rfbdorf)!!! The reason we get "awfully sensitive" (kkmay) is cause YOU are going to be the reason why doctors stop prescribing pain meds to people like us that actually need it for pain! Do us all a favor a grow-up and don't come on a thread marked PAIN and brag that your not in it and still taking the drugs. its obvious you have issues and need a drug to feel better, cause like (rfbdorf) said when taking for the right reason, you don't get a high!
    Ugh, people like you get me so upset! I have been accused for taking pain meds for a wrong reason and think why in the hell would a doctor think I would do that, and NOW I KNOW WHY!!!
    God is good

guess ya just gotta be used to kkmays off the wall responses. he's just a nut.

i know exactly what you all are sayin. it's takin me forever to find a doc who trusts me enough to prescribe my percocets and mscontin.

Fuck it.
    Last edited by kkmay; 05-31-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by kkmay View Post
    How can it be a joke if I was being serious? you guys are awfully sensitive.
    Yeah, of course we are.

YOU are the reason that it took me years to find a doctor that would properly treat my pain. YOU are the reason that I have to take a urine drug screen at my interventional pain doctor's office to make sure I'm not taking other illegal drugs. YOU are the reason that I have to see (and pay) my doctor every month just to refill my meds because the DEA won't allow automatic refills of my opiate pain med. YOU are the reason that people with chronic pain have the stigma of being a drug seeker or junkie.

Your post is old, but I just saw it and couldn't believe how insensitive someone could be. We are dealing with pain every day of our lives. If you want to get high, go smoke a joint or something, but stop scamming docs and making life difficult for real patients.

Banned

Real people with real pain

I'm coming in late to this forum but found it when I asked my doctor to take me off of Percocet, due to the Tylenol. I've had lumbar surgery/wore a body cast for 53 days. That surgery failed to fuse/also, my cervical spine deteriorated, which resulted in front surgery, which failed to fuse, then surgery from the back of the neck with two rods and 10 screws (which I would not recommend to anyone)--two pieces were taken from my hip/I don't smoke. This was followed by being hit from behind in a car accident and one more accident, which ruptured three T discs. I don't think anyone wants to touch this now..I've been to a pain clinic which would install a pain pump, but I'm thin/try to stay active, and it was recommended I try to just stay with my pain meds, because I'm so thin, they knew it would make a huge difference in my appearance (some day that won't matter). However, I'm listenting to this very honest doc, beausethe pain pump will be a last choice. I want to agree with whoever said that pain pills are for REAL pain patients only to take care of the pain. We try to live normal lives, which allow us to work and be normal. No real pain patient is in it for any high, because that does not happen, as it doesn't happen after you have meds for surgery/they go to the pain. Please, please stop stupidly running to doctors and asking for pain meds when you have no pain.

Ummmmm, not exactly....

Quote Originally Posted by rfbdorf View Post
    They are sensitive for good reason. Apparently you are lucky enough to never have experienced continual, unrelenting excruciating pain.
    In our experience, there is no high when opioids are taken responsibly for pain, for which they can work wonders (for some people). There is no excuse for misuse, which has resulted in many, many potentially responsible users being in unnecessary pain.
    - Richard
    I'm sorry, Richard, but I feel compelled to share, what I feel is more of "clarification" than a "correction", to a part of your post. I do this more for the future reader(s) of this thread. So, please, dont take it as a personal attack. K?

So, anyways, my comment goes towards the,” In our experience, there is no high when opioids are taken responsibly for pain”.

I realize that you make this statement based on personal experience, (and, since you use the the word,”our”, I’m guessing, others you have had dialogue with). Well, it’s like this. The way that opiods work is that they actually “disassociate you from the pain”, while actually doing NOTHING to address what is causing the pain. They do this by mimicking endorphins and filling our opiod receptors. This occurs naturally in us whenever we engage in the countless activities that we know to give us,” pleasure”. And, also as a “defense to pain”, so to speak.

So, basically, I guess what I am saying is, opiods DO get us high. And, as far as your experience in them not, well, unfortunately, that is do to a growing tolerance. (Sorry).

I realize that the people in this forum are generally responsible people dealing with tragedy and have little to zero experience with opiods. THAT, is why I was compelled to create an account to post my knowledge gathered from academic research and personal experience. Opiods are very dangerous. NEVER exceed recommended dosing! And, furthermore, if your pain is something that you are going to have to live with, I plead with you to conduct as much research as possible. Also, don’t just blindly trust your doctor. The statistics on opiod addict that were created by doctors is staggering!

Wow, nice first post.
    I have to say your wrong though, before I was hurt I could take a vicoden or two and get a pretty good buzz. I take a shit load of oxy now and it works on my pain but there is for sure no hint of a buzz.
    Anyways welcome to the site, look around, you may learn something
    c3/c4, injured 2007

One of these days he will be in real pain and I hope he gets nothing for it.
    That will teach him the hard way.

Art
    Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sh1wn View Post
    Wow, nice first post.
    I have to say your wrong though, before I was hurt I could take a vicoden or two and get a pretty good buzz. I take a shit load of oxy now and it works on my pain but there is for sure no hint of a buzz.
    Anyways welcome to the site, look around, you may learn something
    Increased tolerance..or if you takin Oxycontin it is time released so it released over 12 hour period maybe that is why you not dippin or high..Also, Im assuming you not crushinf or snortin said pills...
    Appreciate the small gains and the large ones will be ignored!!

Don't play GAMES!

I agree with Art454,NOTHING for you when you need it...some people are just looking to get high.It is very pathetic to brag about conning Docters to give you pain meds!You are going to regret that statement one day, when as a result of abusing pain meds for the wrong reasons you become addicted and end up in a BAD place....accident,jail,etc.Think about yourself shaking,sweating,cold chills,and vomiting with diarhea in a Docters office begging for drugs,and the Dr. says no way I'm no SUCKER. Gunnslinger8