Thread: 5/19: Scientists reveal a revolutionary scientific find that will change everything

5/19: Scientists reveal a revolutionary scientific find that will change everything

Source:
    "WORLD RENOWNED SCIENTISTS REVEAL A REVOLUTIONARY SCIENTIFIC FIND THAT WILL CHANGE EVERYTHING," blares a media alert that crossed ScienceInsider's desk today. The notice announces a 19 May press conference at the American Museum of Natural History in New York City, where Mayor Michael Bloomberg, among others, will speak. They will "unveil a major historic scientific find" that will "address a long-standing scientific puzzle." The announcement is tied to an upcoming special on the History Channel (Source)
    I'm intrigued. With the History Channel being involved, have these "WORLD RENOWNED SCIENTISTS" learned how to open a window to any point of time in our past?

Unlikely, but next Tuesday (5/19) could prove to be fun.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

I'll bet that they finally made breathable air dense enough that I will stick to the moon and we can all move their, or they figured out how to teleport people but not how to separate them from the fly, or that the Grand Canyon was created by aliens that were being held captive by the Egyptians, or they finally figured out how to teach the average woman how to set up a recording on a VCR, yeah, that's it
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Update: The "find that will change everything" is a 47-million-year-old fossil found in Germany of a primate that could be the common ancestor of modern apes, monkeys, and humans.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    Update: The "find that will change everything" is a 47-million-year-old fossil found in Germany of a primate that could be the common ancestor of modern apes, monkeys, and humans.
    Yep. I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but here is a link to an
    article on the discovery.

SOURCE

Oh, fuck! I thought they found the garden of Eden.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    ...or they finally figured out how to teach the average woman how to set up a recording on a VCR, yeah, that's it
    Watch it buddy. Empathy for getting trapped in the bed rails only goes so far .

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
    I figured I'd be disappointed by the "find".

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Oh, fuck! I thought they found the garden of Eden.
    Already found.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    Watch it buddy. Empathy for getting trapped in the bed rails only goes so far .
    I said AVERAGE woman, all the women here are superwomen and don't count. ;-)
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

GREAT Find: Rybread just produced a helluva save!

(Actually, the vcr's always stumped me. I love DVR's for so very many reasons, among them is pushing ONE button to record!)

Well except for you Bethany, but it's a good thing they have DVRs now, otherwise you'd be watching nothing but live TV and we all know how much that sucks! Well I guess if you don't have a DVR, which taking you so long, they've been out forever now. LOL
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ