Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Dme reviews- good and bad

access for ind i do not recommend.
    What's wrong with Access To Indy?
    C5/C6 - 10-28-1983

"Think, it aint illegal yet!" - George Clinton

Fuente I find it kind of ironic that you're complaining http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...nsurance.about fraud when you've admitted to commiting fraud in the past.

Read post #41 everybody I guess it's ok for you to screw the system but not for the system to screw you.

the good ole days. i didnt do anything to the ins co..i could care less about what the dme's do to ins co's as long as it doesnt affect me. . alot has changed in 6 years..........now they jack it up and charge me. owe well. these tilites will hold up 2-3 years i think.
    zardoz,
    acess just isnt my flavor, ill leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Fuente I find it kind of ironic that you're complaining http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...nsurance.about fraud when you've admitted to commiting fraud in the past.

Read post #41 everybody I guess it's ok for you to screw the system but not for the system to screw you.
    Last edited by fuentejps; 09-06-2009 at 06:43 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Chesapeake rehab in Newark, DE. wouldnt sell me parts ie seat sling, rims, wheels etc unless they installed and could charge medicare and the total was more than the price of the chair !!!!. they said, "dont worry, medicare will pay" they didnt care it raised my deductible. BUT that was several years ago, ( 01?) havent been back since and dont know if things have changed. most of the time i pay out of pocket instead of going through a dme, most of the time it works out to be the same once they charge their rate and its hassle free.

Medical Mobility in Dallas, Tx. Great guys that run the place and they do great work. Owned by a para and ran by the owner and another para. They care about getting you the right equipment. I believe they also work out of Tyler, Tx. and OKC.

ABC Medical in Dallas, Tx. Another great DME owned by a chair user(double amputee) and has several chair users working there.

If you an area to use either of these I highly recommend them.

Chesapeake Rehab in South Central PA did a horrible job putting my Jay back on. I asked them to permanently fasten the back to my chair. The guy put 4 little screws in that barely held the back up. With one yank, the back was off. I asked them to come back to drill through the back tubes and use a nut and bolt. Well, they never came back so I ended up doing it myself. I had to go through 2 drill bits, but at least I know it's done right. I'm glad I didn't have them measure me for the new chair. I gave them the filled out Tilite order form and said this is what I want. The guy said he needed to do so quick measurements to make sure everything was ok. I said fine just to be courteous (I wasn't about to let him make any changes though). Never again.

i live in albuquerque nm , and i use to go to united seating , they are low lifes who have no interest in you unless it fills thier pockets . i know deal with sandia wheelchair solution great people who care for you and want you to have the very best quality life .

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Sunrise Medical's rep in the eastern Ohio and western Pennsylvania area is a quad, manual wheelchair user and fortunately his hands work reasonably well. Ex-Quad rugby player.
    He will help put you in a chair that you like and fits you correctly, plus he's a good guy.

Brad Ramage
    1-888-333-2572 ext-8302
    Last edited by forestranger52; 01-29-2010 at 05:05 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Boardman medical girard ohio. Beware.
    They are trying to get a judgment against me fopr a chair from 2005. My ins was changing, they dropped the ball and didnt get it billed in time. Said my therapist didnt get them the eval, so dropped it in my lap. This was agfter i got a deal from john box at colours, basically getting me the chair at cost.

They are crooks, beware.............................
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

My son ordered a "Boing" chair from Colours in Feb. and it still has not shipped from the factory. First I was told by United Seating in Atlanta that they held it up because they needed questions answered. Okay, they were answered and then a month later the chair was in the paint shop and would take 2 weeks for that (simple black paint). Next, it was out of paint and shipping in a couple of days. A week went by and no chair. United Seating then tells me that Colours built the wrong chair and had to start over! The second chair was in the paint shop about 2 weeks ago. Today, May 4, still no chair from Colours and the only response from United Seating is they have calls in to the factory to check on the shipping date. We will never buy another Colours chair.