Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dme reviews- good and bad

Well I am looking for a good DME now in Florida that I can order a new powerchair without having 2k out of pocket after my medicare..
    I have used Abel Medical supply in port saint lucie and ft. pierce for 20 years now they USED to be great but they are merging with another company that is interested in money instede of customers and product.. So I am in the process of looking for a new one now....
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by kenf View Post
    I made my yearly visit to Metro thursday for a check up and my scrips. I was talking to the rehab SCI doc about how bad HAO is. He basicly ignored what I had to say about them. I asked why does Metro use those idiots , he had no answer.
    i assure u word is getting around regarding health aid of ohio...............i tell everyone i can regarding their ins fraud and screwing the gimp consumer. and they are being investigated by the state and anthem currently
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Im in socal, ive only had bad experince so far with med and wheelcair supplies.
    dont use extreme medical or life medical they are realy bad!!
    can someone give advse on a good dme in the 91010 area code or close or?
    "Independent from the rest of the sheep"

Since 2002 I work with East Coast Rehab located in Alexandria, Virginia. I got my two chairs from them with no problems. Great and prompt service. They are also aggresive with insurance companies. Highly recommended.
    Dealers for Colours, TiLite, and many more in Washington DC area:
    http://www.eastcoastrehab.com/Manufacture.html

NEWPARA,
    I would look into going to the wheelchair seating clinic at Casa Colina Centers for Rehabilitation in Pomona, CA (maybe 30-40 min from Monrovia). They have a great wheelchair clinic and see lots of people with SCI's and other neurological diseases on a daily basis.
    I go to Casa Colina for outpatient therapy and could not have better things to say about them.
    For my wheelchair I had to go through National Seating and Mobility in Anaheim because that is who the insurance company would allow me to go through (HMO). Overall it was an ok experience, although the DME ordered the frame wrong the first time so he ended up ordering a replacement frame with the right specs (he had told me what he was gonna order and when it came it was NOT what he had said, so he kinda had to fix the problem). I didn't have to "fight" with him to order a new frame and was allowed to keep the other frame till the new one arrived so I was never without a chair.
    Let me know if you want other places to look into.
    Mandy

eta: What problems did you have with xtreme medical? I have a good friend who works for them and I'm sure he would appreciate me passing along any information which could help the company to improve on their patient relations. If you are still having problems with xtreme let me know and I will see what I can do.
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

I need someone in OK, FAST. The ones I used for little items never return calls, don't order stuff, and charged a friend's insurance 18k for a 6k manual chair! I've never ordered a chair in this state, the one I got in TX was a disaster. That was the vendor's fault, we were both rookies. I forget his name but he looked like Keanu Reeves. Ladies, don't succumb to a pretty DME dealer!

The OK DME biz I've dealt with is owned and staffed by disabled folks we know and have socialized with, mind you! Sorry, fuentes, can't post their names b/c I know them. OK ppl can pm me for info, or maybe I'll decide to post it.

Yeah, okie dme dealer, you know who you are. you SHOULD be nervous-and you should refund Carl's money!

I refuse to be robbed. Maybe I should introduce myself that way?

Also, does anyone know how I can buy a kuschall thru medicare? I want a chair like I have but smaller. Kuschall = truly adjustable. It is insane how chairs are so non-adjustable, they are all basically custom made. Yet the people measure/order them wrong! And we get charged and blamed, or sit on ill-fitting bs for 5 yrs. And it's not my fault I'm on Medicare!

All these ppl worried about their tax dollars need to check how the health insurance biz has taken all the risk out of their end of the gamble. 2 yrs disabled and you're on medicare, no matter what. Insurers are only guaranteeing health care to healthy people, grrrrrrr.

Great thread, fuentes!
    Last edited by betheny; 08-04-2009 at 01:36 AM.

Here ya go fuente. In utah you got magic rest, dishonest crooks lyin' cheatin' anything to stick it to you. They told me my insurance would pay 1500$ i pay 975.00 and they would pay the rest on a quickie ultra lite. Ok no problem (six mos. Later i had collections on me to pay an outstanding debt of 2380.15$ it didn't ding my credit but it took me 2 yrs to pay off. If they had told the insurance bc/bs it was an ultra lite they would have paid in full but magic rest would not resubmit the claim.
    Then you got praxair they don't know anything about chairs they was my first dme they are so out of it they didn't know they was a dealer for the terra trek outdoor digger chair i bought(and took 6 mos. To get same as my tilite zra 6 mos.).
    So i'm gonna try my hand with prn got a gimp friend that works for them.
    Travis

Metro Guys

I noticed there was a hospital named metro . Is this the one in Cleveland run by Dr. Neminides? If it is how is he doing?

SW
    Helper

hi Steve. He runs the rehab center. I just saw he couple weeks ago for my yearly check up and scrips. He's still busting everybodys balls. lol Always trying to lighten up things. He's a good , down to earth guy. I spent 4 months there , at Metro. Oh ya his name is Dr. Nemunaitis , I couldn't spell it if I didn't have my pill bottle. lol Most everybody calls him Nemo
    oh well

ken, i believe hes speaking mon night at the sci meeting at metro, r u coming, i'll be there.....trying to get the dam rugby team goin. alot of bullshit politics up there, but good ppl none the less.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer