Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Dme reviews- good and bad

everything mike, i started this thread/blog so ppl dont get screwed. hopefully the manufacturers take note and address issues w/ their vendors.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    everything mike, i started this thread/blog so ppl dont get screwed. hopefully the manufacturers take note and address issues w/ their vendors.
    In that case, I had a Braun UVL installed by Superior Van & Mobility in Evansville, IN and Louisville, KY (installed in KY, serviced in IN ). They were a little slow on getting it back to me (KY), but the sales and service was and is still great. I had some issues with the lift, and they bent over backwards to get it fixed.
    Stupidity ain't illegal, but it sure is inconvenient.

Help me support the 2010 Bike MS.

Quote Originally Posted by EastRando View Post
    Hello, I've been lurking for a while and decided to post. I've ordered three chairs from three different DMEs.
    The first was a Quickie 2 from National Seating and Mobility in Annapolis Junction, Maryland. I got this chair right out of rehab. I didn't know anything about wheelchairs or measurements or anything, so the DME did all of the work. The chair fit me well and I continue to use it as my primary wheelchair.
    The second was a Quickie Ti from Robert's Home Medical in Maryland. I still didn't know any better, so I let the DME do the measurements again. I didn't even demo anything. Every measurement that could possibly be wrong was wrong. One guy tried to help, but in five years I haven't gotten the chair comfortable, which is why I still use the Quickie 2.
    This past Wednesday, I went to Woodrow Wilson Rehab Center in Fishersville, VA. I can't recommend this place enough. I got sent there through the Virginia Department of Rehabilitative Services and didn't have to pay a dime for a day's worth of PT and wheelchair evaluation.
    Joe Fangman, my PT, spent basically the whole day with me and was awesome. He taught me floor-to-chair and chair-to-floor transfers, curb hopping, and going down stairs. They have an FES bike that used to belong to Christopher Reeve, which I got to ride! I can't wait to get one for myself, even if I have to pay out of pocket.
    Joe and Jeff (whose last name I don't remember) spent hours with me demoing chairs and cushions and backs. We went with a TiLite 2GX, with a Jay J3 back.
    I wanted a folding chair because I have a Braun Chair Topper on my car, which only works with folders. I was considering a Quickie GTX, but it's apparently being discontinued and has some reliability issues. I really wanted to try an Air Flight. Woodrow Wilson didn't have a demo model and when Joe called the company, they said they don't have any distributers in Virginia and couldn't send a representative with a demo. We decided not to go with a TiLite TX because we can't be 100% sure about the front and rear seat-to-floor heights yet. I think my next chair's going to be less adjustable.
    The DME herself didn't show up until Joe and Jeff and I had decided on all of the dimensions and specifications. She's going to submit it to my insurance, then to the Virginia DRS, which may pay the deductible, so I may not have to pay anything out of pocket. The chair won't be ready for a couple months, so I'll report back when it arrives or if I have any further comments about the DME.
    I spent my rehab at woodroow wilson back in 1978, great people there, was there about 3 months and then stayed on for the cobol programming training (about 9 months) loved the skyline drive.

funny, when i left i still held the record for jumping a 18" curb, pretty much just hauled ass in a wheelie and smashed into the side and and the speed thru me on top, heh heh now i have problems with 4" curbs
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

. . . i may be switching back to colours . . .
    Have you looked into the TopEnd Crossfire Titanium? I've never tried one, but as far as I can tell from pictures and descriptions, there's not a whole lot of difference between it and a TiLite ZR.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Have you looked into the TopEnd Crossfire Titanium? I've never tried one, but as far as I can tell from pictures and descriptions, there's not a whole lot of difference between it and a TiLite ZR.
    nah, i never cared for top end, im a colours guy, should have never left them, they dont put up w/ their dealers making them look like shit.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

u know what funny ken, the dumb fucks are being 9investigated and to top it off they are ignoring my complaint w/ the cleveland bbb. their final notice went out to weeks ago. that makes them look so bad.

hey u tilite reps, i suggesdt u take notice, its not just me. or maybe u just dont give a shit, if i see that to be the case this zr will be the last,. i tell everyone i see thats a gimp about health aid, funny thing, most of them agree.
    Hey guys. I work for TiLite and I want to let you know that we take your comments very seriously. We are looking into this. I am sorry that many of you had a bad experience with this dealership. This is important information for us as a customer focused company. The best way we can improve our products and services is through your comments. Good or bad!

update. have spoken to marty ball at tilite, hes a class act, they are lucky to have him. he made me feel good about tilite, so i ordered the zr. he was a huge help.
    as for the dealer health aid of ohio, they are incompetent..........if u use them do so at your own risk..............they are defrauding ins companies as well as us, the end users.

atg rehab has its flaws, but all in all a good experience, the girls cindy and tressa rock.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

update. have spoken to marty ball at tilite, hes a class act, they are lucky to have him. he made me feel good about tilite, so i ordered the zr. he was a huge help.
    as for the dealer health aid of ohio, they are incompetent..........if u use them do so at your own risk..............they are defrauding ins companies as well as us, the end users.

atg rehab has its flaws, but all in all a good experience, the girls cindy and tressa rock.
    sounds like this thread is working
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    sounds like this thread is working
    it is bruce. not only is tilite following this but so is colours.

update, my zr finally was ordered friday and i verified w/ tilite. couple weeks ill update w/ pics.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

I made my yearly visit to Metro thursday for a check up and my scrips. I was talking to the rehab SCI doc about how bad HAO is. He basicly ignored what I had to say about them. I asked why does Metro use those idiots , he had no answer.
    oh well