Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Dme reviews- good and bad

NuMotion of South Bend, Indiana. They were formerly United Seating and Mobility.

The entire office is staffed with awesome people. The seating guy is James Bond. Previous clients have given him James Bond movie memorabilia. He is a go getter and loves to fight and win with insurance. The entire office is like that. Jennifer is the insurance coordinator. Judy is the office manager. Dale and Dennis are the repair guys. These two are awesome. If you call in the morning they will try their hardest to fix it that day. They will even come to you if they can. Almost every issue I've had has been fixed same day.

James has stopped spec'ing out Sunrise Medical products and has switched completely over to TiLite. He also works with Permobil and is stopping with Pride and Quantum products. He also still does Invacare products as well.

Updated notes on Tennessee. Holland Medical has closed their Chattanooga office. So, I was their last client. Randy Blackwell, their ATP out of Chattanooga fitted and measured me very well on my TiLite Aero Z wheelchair. I will have to go elsewhere for service and parts. So, Carr Rehab in Knoxville will likely be my service people. I do love my wheelchair but it is 2 weeks old so no comments yet on long term reliability.

I live in R.I and am looking for a good dme. Don't use Majors Medical they are incompetent boobs that don't know anything about wheelchairs or customer service.They really take advantage of the system

Hi, I'm new here and didn't find a forum where you introduce yourself, so I'll just jump in. I live in Cleveland, Ohio and it's time for a new chair. From what I've read, I'm staying away from Health Aid of Ohio and Millers.
    Has anybody had any recent experiences with DME suppliers. Good and bad. I'm totally housebound, so they have to come to me. Also want to "test drive" some before deciding for sure.

I've been researching wheelchairs for months and I'm just plain confused by all of it. I've already been sent a PT who is brand new and I know more than she does. She is not SMS or ATP certified, and I specifically said they had to be (sigh) I'm ready for a fight, but I'm
    already tired and frustrated.

Has anybody dealt with NuMotion AKA United Seating and Mobility in Parma? My therapist called them early yesterday and no reply by late afternoon. That doesn't sound good. I guess there is a TiLite rep in this area, guess I need to get ahold of him. I sent a
    private message to a guy on the forums who seems to know a lot about TiLite, but no answer. I forgot his user name, but he also is in Cleveland.

Any info. suggestions, how to start the ball rolling ideas..anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

K9

Ban the DEED, NOT the BREED

united seating is terrible. health aid is worse. millers has really gotten a lot better in the last several years. I should re-review them. peer support is the only way to learn anything. ask here in equipment forum. I will be speaking up your way mid march. pm me if I can help.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    united seating is terrible. health aid is worse. millers has really gotten a lot better in the last several years. I should re-review them. peer support is the only way to learn anything. ask here in equipment forum. I will be speaking up your way mid march. pm me if I can help.

Thanks for responding. Peer support is why I decided to join. There's so much helpful info. You guys are full of knowledge, tips and even humor. Where are you speaking? Wish I could come. If you think of anything or a dealer contact, let me know.
    Cleveland sucks, I hate the city.
    K9
    Ban the DEED,Not the BREED!

I've been using EdgePark for my DME for catheters. They deliver once a month and have been good to deal with. I've been using Sportaid for wheelchair parts. I'm currently working with ATG to replace my aging 13 year old TiSports XC chair. Last week I had a seating evaluation at Moss Rehab and the folks there were very friendly and thorough. Going with a TiLite TX this time and a J2 pad.

Someone who has free time should try to quantify all these posts in a useful ranking.

I am a huge Sportaid fan. I know they don't do insurance billing so they are not a good fit for everyone but if you need something fast, they are ones to get it for you.

Please take the time to view www.indemedical.com. For clients that don't have insurance and are out of pocket for their catheters and so forth we cater specifically to you. I am Nick Mireles co-owner of Independent Medical. We started our company over three years ago after working for the first and biggest internet medical supplier in the nation for several years. Over time we realized that customer service is a lost art. We specialize in customer service for the simple fact, we ourselves are chair users. We know that our monthly supplies is not a comfort and convenience but a necessity. We don't have the associated costs of having to hire professional insurance Billers so our overhead is low. This allows us to offer the most competitive pricing on catheters. Please take the time to view our website and you will find that all of our catheters are the most competitive in the nation. Especially if your in the market for a new light weight wheelchair cash pay. I can assure you you will get the best pricing from me personally. If I am posting in the wrong forum for DME in advance if the webmaster will inform me, I will post in the proper forum. Thanks for reading and have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by K9Sports View Post
    Hi, I'm new here and didn't find a forum where you introduce yourself, so I'll just jump in. I live in Cleveland, Ohio and it's time for a new chair. From what I've read, I'm staying away from Health Aid of Ohio and Millers.
    Has anybody had any recent experiences with DME suppliers. Good and bad. I'm totally housebound, so they have to come to me. Also want to "test drive" some before deciding for sure.
    I've been researching wheelchairs for months and I'm just plain confused by all of it. I've already been sent a PT who is brand new and I know more than she does. She is not SMS or ATP certified, and I specifically said they had to be (sigh) I'm ready for a fight, but I'm
    already tired and frustrated.

Has anybody dealt with NuMotion AKA United Seating and Mobility in Parma? My therapist called them early yesterday and no reply by late afternoon. That doesn't sound good. I guess there is a TiLite rep in this area, guess I need to get ahold of him. I sent a
    private message to a guy on the forums who seems to know a lot about TiLite, but no answer. I forgot his user name, but he also is in Cleveland.

Any info. suggestions, how to start the ball rolling ideas..anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

K9

Ban the DEED, NOT the BREED

There are a couple of dealers in your area who deal with TiLite. I've attached their info. Hope this helps.
    NUMOTION BROOKLYN HEIGHTS
    850 RESOURCE DRIVE
    BROOKLYN HEIGHTS, OH
    phone: 216.520.4980

HEALTH AID OF OHIO
    5230 HAUSERMAN ROAD
    PARMA, OH
    phone: 216.252.3900
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.