Quote Originally Posted by steveg View Post
Apria Healthcare in Burr Ridge, IL (outside of CHicago) was horrible to deal with and always got my orders messed up. I too would go sit in their lobby to make certain they ordered the right parts, etc. Apria sold this part of their business to a company called RehabTECH/Wheelchair Doctors but did not get product (wheelchair etc.) serial numbers in the transaction so getting parts can be an issue until you find the serial number.

They have recently closed the Burr Ridge location and I found their location in Lombard, IL. I went in to order some new tires and tubes and some front casters. I was told that it could be a few weeks to a few months because they were on credit hold with some of their vendors. Their claim is Illinois is slow paying its bills and some of their suppliers won't release parts. Even when I said I'd pay out of my own pocket I was told it may not matter with some suppliers. I was told this is similar for other DMEs in Illinois and other states but wonder. Has anyone else been experiencing this? I'm a bit nervous because if I need a part and I am willing to pay for it I may have to wait for some undefined period of time.
SteveG, your recent experience with RehabTech interests me. This year, we tried for a new power chair for my husband from Medicare thru Rehab Tech, because we had had very good, knowledgeable in home service from their Wheelchair Drs. repair technician for my husband's Permobil. However, from the time of order in July 2011, I never heard one word from the RehabTech sales dept. Medicare sent us a rejection letter dated December 5, 2011, but I never heard from RehabTech concerning the denial. Yesterday, I e-mailed RehabTech asking what did they intend to do about apealing, etc., & what I got back today was a forward of my e-mail to somebody at a different company. . .United Seating . . . asking for an update . . .

I share your memories of Apria . . .
And, as to buying parts, or even a chair outside the DME environment, Permobil does not make it easy . . .

If I learn anything more about what is going on at RehabTech, I'll post.