Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dme reviews- good and bad

honestly, i'd bet its the dme. call colours yourself, get manager, be firm
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Does anyone know of a decent DME dealer ANYWHERE in the bankrupt state of CA??? Mine dumped me and my Medi-Cal chair is from 2005 and has been broken since 2007! Now I've got Medicare as primary and Medi-Cal as secondary insurance and I don't believe there is a worse combo than those 2! Will I have to move outta state to get a new wheelchair? I am graduating w/ my BS soon and looking to move but wanted to move back to sunny southern Ca.

HORRIBLE DME DEALER = XTREME MEDICAL in DOWNEY, CA.
    They got RANCHO LOS AMIGOS NAT'L REHAB CENTER to do referrals to them and last year they decided to dump everyone of their clients who have Medi-Cal/Medicare which was the majority of their clientele. They did this without even notifying us, the clients, they just stopped sending catheters for 3 months and that was it. It's a wonder I'm in the ER with UTIs on a monthly basis, that tends to happen when you are short on catheters since your DME decides to STOP sending them! NEVER EVER use this company!

More Delays with Colours Chair

We received a voice mail on Thursday that the 2nd attempt at manufacturing the chair has resulted in it being "dropped in paint shop" and damaged. They have to start again - for the 3rd time! I have called Colours and they say I must have the PO # used by DME for them to be able to discuss the order.

While I have good experiences with both Sportaid and Spinlife, I don't think either offers the service OR THE LOW PRICES of BIKE-ON.com.

Lots of folks here know that Bike-On is the place to go for handcycles, but they're not the tip-of-the-tongue go-to guys for wheelchairs, even though they pretty much offer all the same gear as the bigger guys.

I just placed an order for some factory replacement parts for my TiLite ZR and the quote I received from Bike-On was dramatically lower than Spinlife and Sportaid. Not by a few dollars or even a couple of Jacksons, but A LOT lower.

And working with Scott Pellett, the owner, is as pleasant and productive as you'll find in the industry.

So two BIG THUMBS UP to Bike-On.com !!
    Last edited by stephen212; 05-18-2010 at 05:38 PM.

bike-on took a week to return my e-mail and then only with a little prodding.i have tossed their number in the trash.

Quote Originally Posted by jim sampson View Post
    bike-on took a week to return my e-mail and then only with a little prodding.i have tossed their number in the trash.
    My experience, obviously, couldn't be more different. And this wasn't the first time I've done business with them. Sorry yours wasn't a good one.

Had you contacted Scott directly (scott@bike-on.com) -- and I'm not suggesting that you should have known to do this -- your trash would be less full.

You should let him know what happened as he's not indifferent to his customers.
    Last edited by stephen212; 05-18-2010 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    My experience, obviously, couldn't be more different. And this wasn't the first time I've done business with them. Sorry yours wasn't a good one.

Had you contacted Scott directly (scott@bike-on.com) -- and I'm not suggesting that you should have known to do this -- your trash would be less full.

You should let him know what happened as he's not indifferent to his customers.
    I agree....never had an issue with Scott or bike-on. He definitely would want to know about your experience and make it right.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

andy at bike-on is an asset, very straight to the point no bullshit.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I might add that even though overall my dealings with Sportaid have been very positive, I've been stiffed by them on more than one occasion when it comes to receiving timely correspondence, and sometimes I've not heard back from them at all when making inquiries -- conspicuously so when I've asked them to match competitor's prices.

I'm not drawing conclusions, but no outfit is perfect all the time.

Another big plus for taking your business to plus Bike-On is that Scott has a far more intimate knowledge of the product lines than the customer service reps at the bigger name vendors (Jimbo at Sportaid excluded).