Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO2 Suppositories

CO2 Suppositories

I seem to have a long recovery time after using magic bullets. Saw the CO2 in NM magazine. Does anyone use them on a regular basis instead of magic bullet?

I am not familiar with what CO2 is.

AAD

While some do use the CeoTwo suppository, which releases C02 gas to distend the rectum, triggering peristalsis, we have not found them to be very successful. The last I checked, we had fewer than 5 outpatients using them (out of over 1000 outpatients). You can certainly try them, and they will not hurt you, but whether they would work as well or better than bisacodyl, glycerine, or mini-ememas for you is entirely individual.

(KLD)

I do not think they make them anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Moongazer1 View Post
    I do not think they make them anymore?
    Not sure where you got that information. Here is the manufacturer's website: Ceo-Two by Beutlich Pharmaceuticals.

(KLD)

To SGFIII: My husband is a C6-7 Quad & he used Magic Bullet suppositories for nearly 3 years before switching to the CO2 suppositories. We like the C02 suppositories MUCH BETTER!! The Magic Bullets often had a gel residue that had a terrible odor. His nurse switched him to CO2 and we love them. They work quickly & have no bad side effects. They can't be purchased at a regular pharmacy, but we did find them online. I don't know if you have tried them or not, but we would definitely recommend them! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SGFIII View Post
    I seem to have a long recovery time after using magic bullets. Saw the CO2 in NM magazine. Does anyone use them on a regular basis instead of magic bullet?

Where do you get them? I can't seem to link where SCI nurse posted.
    Are they quicker?

http://www.beutlich.com/consumer/ceotwo.html
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Where do you get them? I can't seem to link where SCI nurse posted.
    Are they quicker?
    Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
    Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Wouldn't this be sort of like a fingerless dig stim?

No, this suppository works by releasing C02 gas to distend the rectum and trigger peristalsis to move stool from the descending and sigmoid colon into the colon.

You still need to use digital stimulation to fatigue the anal sphincter.

Bisacodyl does the same thing, but by triggering the fibers of the nerves (myenteric plexus) that causes peristalsis chemically, and glycerine by irritation of the mucosa of the rectum which causes the myenteric plexus nerves to fire.

Each has the purpose of moving stool into the rectum, but none of them work to relax the anal sphincter like digital stimulation does (by fatiguing the spasms there).

(KLD)