Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Star Trek fans

Star Trek fans

Anyone see the new Star Trek that just came out? I thought it was a good movie. Here is what the fans thought. lol

the theatres are sold out. my son is beside himself and i am willing to wait cause of parking, w/c seating, etc. but maybe only a week....am dying to see this movie. it's at the IMAX as well...

It's worth it. We went to this place called Cinnebistro where they serve food and alcohol. I didn't drink any alcohol there though. It was pretty nice. Unfortunately, on the way there was an accident that blocked up the roads so I had to sit in traffic for 30 minutes. Then my cooling system on my car started steaming and letting all the water and coolant out. So I pulled into the gas station to wait and fill it back up with water. Then I got lost on the way there and there was another accident that I had to sit through 3 red lights. I finally made it but I missed the first 30 minutes. I still thought it was a great movie eventhough i was infuriated when I got there.

ooooo, i would have been mad, too. my son and i would love to see this movie right now. we've been waiting. but i'm not fight crowds or parking this weekend

geesh, just watched that vid in your original post. what idjits. star trek fans are mostly applauding this movie. where did they (those newscasters) get their negative input? that woman was irritating...but the guy? well. need to hone up on their journalistic skills, imo.
    Last edited by cass; 05-09-2009 at 05:44 AM.

The HH and I are *dying* to see this, but our stupid tiny island didn't get a copy this week. This is not a good sign at all -- several other big films that didn't show here during premiere week never made it here at all. Please keep your finger crossed for us that ST shows up when they rotate in different movies next Thursday.
    It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience.

~Julius Caesar

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post

geesh, just watched that vid in your original post. what idjits. star trek fans are mostly applauding this movie. where did they (those newscasters) get their negative input? that woman was irritating...but the guy? well. need to hone up on their journalistic skills, imo.
    You knew that was satire..........right? Am I just being typically British in assuming you missed the humour? If so, apologies.
    C5/6 incomplete

"I assume you all have guns and crack....."

im not what you would call a "trekie" but i thought that video was hilarious OMFG "If I wanted to see young atractive people doing cool and exciting things...Id go watch sports"
    T6/T7 Incomplete Since June 7th 2008
    Walking part-time with KAFOs & Walker
    *Never Quit Pushing*

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=20290962

Yes the Onion News Network is known for some good satire.

I saw it tonight. The movie didn't impress me much, but I'm definitely not a "trekie." The story line bored me, but the special effects were good.
    "The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off." -Gloria Steinem

Quote Originally Posted by RehabRhino View Post
    You knew that was satire..........right? Am I just being typically British in assuming you missed the humour? If so, apologies.
    LOL rehab! really, though, i am looking forward to movie! and being, british, i doubt you missed my idjits comment, altho prob misspelled and an irish term!

ok, not in websters...being half-baked irish (<<joke) how is idjit spelled? now i'm curious. thank maeve binchey
    Last edited by cass; 05-10-2009 at 06:21 AM.