Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am SOOOOOO excited

Rhino,

The season finale of Dollhouse (created by Joss Whedon) contained an awesome exchange. Context first:

Source:
    Eliza Dushku plays a young woman called Echo, a member of a group of people known as "Actives" or "Dolls". The Dolls are people whose personalities and existence in the outside world have been wiped clean so they can be imprinted with any number of new personas - including memory, muscle memory, skills, and language - for different assignments (referred to as engagements). . . . Although the Actives are ostensibly volunteers who work for a period of five years, the operation is highly illegal and under constant threat on one end from Paul Ballard, a determined federal agent who has heard a rumor about the Dolls, and a rogue Active, "Alpha", on the other. . . .

Topher Brink is the scientist who operates the Dollhouse technology and uses it to imprint new personalities on the Actives. He has stated that the technology takes imprints from existing people, which he then mixes and matches to create the desired imprint. (Source)
    Paul Ballard helped the Dollhouse track down a Doll gone bad (Alpha, a.k.a. Alan Tudyk a.k.a. Firefly's Wash/Zoe's hubby) last night (first time there).

The following exchange took place when Ballard was introduced to Topher:

Ballard: So this is it. This is where you steal their souls.
    Topher: Yeah. And then we put 'em in a glass jar with our fireflies.
    Sadly, no video clip exists on YouTube. *sniff*
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

not a fan of ST, but a huge fan of the terminator movies. can't wait to see the new one!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" ~ edmund burker

c4-5 quad

Yeah I'm excited to see it. I hear its awesome from Trekkies and non-Trekkies alike.

ETA saw it last night. Awesomeness.
    Last edited by christopher; 05-11-2009 at 07:03 PM.