Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dme's suck ballz

Dme's suck ballz

ok, i went w/ another small outfit to order my zr and after 2 weeks of getting everything they wont order the chair because bc/bs is to vague w/ their reembursment numbers. i have never had issues like these ordering chairs........this guy told me everyone is tightning up............now im going to have to run through a big outfit, which i dont like.

thoughts??
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Medicare/Medicaid guidelines changed for purchase of all types of chairs. Private insurance has followed suit. Been lots of stuff posted in the last year to try to prevent the changes. Most folks ignore it.

Welcome to the tightening world of DME. Perhapsif you agree in writing to pay for all non-covered aspects of the chair the DME will order it for you. The DME owner could also try getting a pre-cert from BC/BS first.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

i hear yah. i got the pre cert, i did everything as always, lol. yes, im anal that way. i agreed to an abn but nothings iron clad, they have been burnt in the past, he even said to go w/ a big outfit. im going to run it through atg........
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    thoughts??
    Wheelchairs are too fucking expensive, as most medical needs, and only because the bastards know they're a necessity.

Kind of off topic, but I've been reading over a bunch of threads lately mainly pertaining to the ZR and didn't you just get one at some point in the last year? How is it you need another one now and you're able to get insurance to even cover it?

it was like 2 years ago. new ins now. i like to try to get one every 2 years. im veryy hard on them. chairs are acc, cant go to work w/ a beat up chair
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

No offense, but how much damage can you really do in two years? What do you do that "beats it up" in that short of a period of time? I've been using the same ZRA for four years and while I would hardly say it looks new it's perfectly presentable for any demographic I encounter.

watch my car transfer vids,. lol. just personal preferense.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Interesting, I never realized tossing an empty frame in and out of a Dodge constituted heavy use. Sounds like you're doing a good job scamming the insurance companies though.

hmmmmm, how is getting a new chair every 2 years scamming anyone. i trade my cars in every 3 years too.

anyway take it to pm if u have an issue.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com