Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How often do you change your cushion?

Will- get in for a seating assesement. The roho cuff may be filled incorrectly, your muscle loss has changed and the cushion may no longer work best for yoiu. Don't just rely on a pressure map, but make sure the therspist palpates, your opinion is in important. Trial several cushioons and hopefully they will allow you to trial a couple in homme. Don t' worry about insurance at the is point because if you have had a change in medical status then you may indeed qualify for a new cushion. Sadly comfort and perfect mappping don;t necessary go hand in hand. PM with questions you may have- see Peg or Ellery. I am on medical leave right noow so am useless- expect the PMs. Take good care, Pam

My Rohos last 5 yrs or longer. I buy a new one evrty 3 yrs or so. Insurance pays for about 1 in 3. I have great DME and they get me one as needed,and I pay it out until it's paid in full. No set monthly payments or amount to be paid. I have one in tub,auto,bed,and chair with several spares.

Another question.

This Roho are very good, but i`ve got some sensitive and the summer it`s coming, and it`s horrible the hit i`ve got in my bum and my testicles, i`ve got them always in summer sweating because the material of the cushion is rubber, and rubber+hit= sweat.

Any solutions for this?

supracore stimulite cushions are very good for this toto. i was not able to buy here in ireland, but i have bought a few from sportaid. i dont really like the cover though, it is very flimsy and fully permeable, so if i spill coffee or food on it, i get a puddle! but it is easy to wash and dry, and very good in warm or humid weather. mine is a stimulite sport, and is the same width as my chair.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    supracore stimulite cushions are very good for this toto. i was not able to buy here in ireland, but i have bought a few from sportaid. i dont really like the cover though, it is very flimsy and fully permeable, so if i spill coffee or food on it, i get a puddle! but it is easy to wash and dry, and very good in warm or humid weather. mine is a stimulite sport, and is the same width as my chair.
    Is this yours? http://www.sportaid.com/xcart/stimul...t-cushion.html

But they aren`t made of rubber too?, if you say that they are good for the hit they are another option, but in Ireland is not as hot as in the south of Spain, I live in the Costa del Sol, near Malaga, Marbella, Nerja, you maybe hear them, in summer we`ve got 30º-40º

Somebody have got before a Roho and now have got this kind of cushion?
    Are any difference for the hit among them?

yes but i travel a lot, so my cushion has had plenty of hot weather use. i was in singapore march 08 for the world champs and it was very very hot, and i was the only wheelchair user there who was not extremely uncomfortable. and i was in beijing for the paralympics last year and we had a few very hot days - again, you could identify the stimulite users as the ones who managed to stay dry! and i used to live in puerto banus... its a good cushion for the conditions!

That places are hotter than where i live, and that cushion looks cool for a active person.
    I`m going to speak with my ortophedic for import them from sportaid.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    yes but i travel a lot, so my cushion has had plenty of hot weather use. i was in singapore march 08 for the world champs and it was very very hot, and i was the only wheelchair user there who was not extremely uncomfortable. and i was in beijing for the paralympics last year and we had a few very hot days - again, you could identify the stimulite users as the ones who managed to stay dry! and i used to live in puerto banus... its a good cushion for the conditions!
    I just order the stimulite sport by Sportaid, when arrives i`ll tell you how is as compared with my Roho.

I hope not having a wrong choice.

one of the things you have to be aware of with a stimulite is that there is a 'breaking-in period'. that basically means that for a week or so it will seem a bit harder, but it soon conforms to your shape.

roho high profile Quadtro Select, 4 years, I need to change bacause the valve system (isoflo green and red pin) was losing air and impossible to repair.