Thread: AMC's Breaking Bad

AMC's Breaking Bad

Anyone else watching Breaking Bad?

I think the show is great and wonder how far they can take it. It's currently in its second season and the first one is available on DVD.

About the Show

Breaking Bad follows protagonist Walter White (Bryan Cranston), a chemistry teacher who lives in New Mexico with his wife (Anna Gunn) and teenage son (RJ Mitte) who has cerebral palsy. White is diagnosed with Stage III cancer and given a prognosis of two years left to live. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to secure his family's financial security, White chooses to enter a dangerous world of drugs and crime and ascends to power in this world. The series explores how a fatal diagnosis such as White's releases a typical man from the daily concerns and constraints of normal society and follows his transformation from mild family man to a kingpin of the drug trade.

This is one of my favorite shows. The writing and the acting is incredible.
    Now that Walter's lung cancer is responding we can get another season!

"You don't need a criminal lawyer Mr. White. You need a CRIMINAL lawyer"

I lived in Albuquerque for 10 years and those Sandia Mountains bring back fond memories.

I agree the writing is excellent. All through the last episode I kept thinking "What the heck are they going to do now?" after being stranded in the desert with an RV meth lab and over 19 kilos of meth.

Acid, sponge, zinc, nickel and copper wire battery charger that's what. Move over Macgyver.

Do you think Jesse's landlord/girlfriend is an undercover DEA agent?

Quote Originally Posted by cmoore View Post
    Acid, sponge, zinc, nickel and copper wire battery charger that's what. Move over Macgyver.

Do you think Jesse's landlord/girlfriend is an undercover DEA agent?

I hadn't considered that, but I don't think so. She knew early on that he was up to something illegal. To become romantically involved would be really raising the bar on undercover work! I can't see why any girl would want to get with his dumbass let alone an educated DEA agent. I love the look on Walter's face at times like when Jesse extinguishes the generator fire with the last of their water and Walter is standing right behind him holding the fire extinguisher.