Thread: Having trouble logging in and staying logged in to CC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Having trouble logging in and staying logged in to CC

When I log into this site to try to post it often behaves as if it is accepting my log in but then at the top of the page where it should say Welcome, Jeff B it is still an empty box. I often end up having to try to log in multiple times in a row and the same thing will happen each time.

If I get logged in and try to post the site will ask me to log in after I try to submit the post (I have been logged out without me choosing to log out). Sometimes it will successfully log me in and display my post but it also often requires multiple attempts to do so, sometimes losing the post in the process. I tried clicking the "Remember Me" box when logging in but still have these issues. Does anyone have a solution to this?

What browser do you use? OS?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

That's a quick reply!

Vista and Internet Explorer (7 I think, came with Vista on a new computer a few months ago).

I had just checked New Posts.

How long have you had trouble staying logged in?
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

I have been having this problem off and on for years but it is much worse lately. I can't remember if it is only since switching computers but I don't think so.

I just successfully posted in another thread, but only after having to re-log in after clicking the Go Advanced tab.

Have you tried emptying your cache, then logging back in?

I frequently clear History, cookies etc. during the day.

I hate to bail while you are helping me but I have to log out for the night now. Thanks so far and I will check this thread again tomorrow.

The last few posts have worked no problem of course.