Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sweat on one side

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    Toenails, bladder, bowels and tailbones do it for me.

Rusty, why don't they just do the simple ingrown toenail surgery on you? They tell me it's easy-peasy...then refuse to do it b/c I can't hold my leg still. I'm saying tie it down or get me a new podiatrist, at this point.
    The sweating has now trailed off to zero. I went a year ago and requested my big toe nails be removed but the guy woudn't do it. Maybe, I need to find a new guy.

Thank you all,
    Rusty

There's a procedure.

1. Inject big toe twice, numbs it completely.

2. Cut the side off the toenail, clear down to nail bed.

3. At the now empty nailbed, a drop of chemicals cauterizes the root so it doesn't grow back.

Podiatrist told me kids get it done and are out playing b-ball the next day.

He's worried about injecting me. Then says it may not work, my pain may be all neuropathic. Says he's seen much worse.

But I soak it for 2 or 3 hours and do home surgery at LEAST once a week. Otherwise it's a swollen, excruciating mess of toe, nail and oozing pus.

I'm tired of performing painful surgery on myself w/ my left hand!

My friend Jill was watching, kind of blowing me off, when I got it pried out once. I'm like "Got it! Now if I had another hand to clip it with!" She said wait, I wanna see what the big deal is.

Came over and goes Owww! Holy shit! I didn't know ingrown means it GROWS IN!!!

A piece of toenail 1/2" in your toe is no diff than a roofing nail put there w/ a hammer. I bet that podiatrist would pay attention if I hammered a nail 1/2" into his toe, and the only way to get it out was to pry it sideways w. my left hand...