Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sweat on one side

Rusty, I have to agree with everyone, sounds like AD. I learned the hard way with ingrown toenails. I really could'nt feel it, but it was giving me all kinds of grief. Hope you figure it out soon.

Please what is AD. All I can think of is Alzheimer's Disease. This is new to me and I don't know the lingo yet.

I only sweat on my upper fourth of my body.

We've cut out my ingrown nails and cut-out the ends of my socks to set them free. I thought we'd cut them out fairly well but I guess the hooks were still in pretty bad. The sweat is easing but not 100 percent gone. On June 3, I get some custom made shoes from my local rehab. They cost me $617.00 - but if that sweat goes away it'll be worth it.

What is your blood pressure when this happens? If it is not elevated at least 30 mm. systolic over your baseline, it is not autonomic dysreflexia (AD).

One-sided sweating that is positional can also be association with a syrinx? Have you been evaluated for this since you started this symptom??

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by rustyreeves View Post
    We've cut out my ingrown nails and cut-out the ends of my socks to set them free. I thought we'd cut them out fairly well but I guess the hooks were still in pretty bad. The sweat is easing but not 100 percent gone. On June 3, I get some custom made shoes from my local rehab. They cost me $617.00 - but if that sweat goes away it'll be worth it.
    Rusty, you must let us know. That would be worth writing a book about. Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by sesau1 View Post
    Please what is AD. All I can think of is Alzheimer's Disease. This is new to me and I don't know the lingo yet.
    Autonomic Dysreflexia sometimes called Autonomic Hyperdysreflexia. You can download for free a patient's guide on this at the www.pva.org site. You need to know what this is if your injury is in the T5-7 or above range. Basically your blood pressure goes soaring and your heartbeat goes down and can quickly cause a stroke or worse if the cause is not found. Sweating on one side only or above the level of injury are also signs as is headache.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

i experience the exact same sweating issue everyday! i find it helpful bc it keeps me aware of any problems i cant actually feel. if im sleeping on my right side and begin sweating on my left...i know my right side needs some relief, so i get rolled and within mins the sweating stops. as soon as i sweat im able to figure out where to check depending on how im sweating.

be happy you can sense something is wrong and fix it before the problem gets out of your control!

Toenails, bladder, bowels and tailbones do it for me.

Rusty, why don't they just do the simple ingrown toenail surgery on you? They tell me it's easy-peasy...then refuse to do it b/c I can't hold my leg still. I'm saying tie it down or get me a new podiatrist, at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    It's a form of AD. You are likely in pain on your left. Check your left side for any redness or breakdowns, too tight shoes, clothing, cushion too low....It's a warning.
    I agree with Lorrie.