Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: StepAhead, Australia

both of their project completion dates have come and gone with no news
    In my 9 years of SCI, I have observed this a few times. John McDonald called me personally one night around 2004 (Dr. McDonald knew a good friend of mine that is SCI) several years ago and indicated good things would happen soon . . . . . .

Darwin Prokop was poised to do a clinical trial at Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans in 2006. My state invested 44 million dollars into his lab, his research, and his efforts. He basically disappeared and the entire project was disbanded with no explanantion . . . . .

Back when Davies was in Houston, TX in early 2005, I went to his lab. Said he was on the verge of major progress. Then he moved to Denver, CO. Told me he was on the verge of major progress in 2007 . . . . .

The only 2 SCI researchers that have done anything close to what they have predicted is Dr. Young and Hans Keirstad. This is strictly my personal observation and my opinion.

Schmecky, no doubt about it, Wise and Keirstad seem to be mor than believable nad committed. We need real trials and real positve results. We need to see people witha chnce to walk , bowel and bladder, sexual function, and balance. Forget about numbers; these are the results that will tell success.

keeping on

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1291518704862A; here's an article thAt appears to have real implications for ms patients and perhaps others as it talks about creating myelin repair. In reading it, I don't see anywhere the next exact step in the ofrmation of clinical treials or the next progressive step in this reaearch. Don't we deserve or the ms patients that see this and get excited and want to follow this to the next progression? Hope I'm expalingin the frustatrtion and lack of perceioved progress in research.

keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukp...1291518704862A; here's an article thAt appears to have real implications for ms patients and perhaps others as it talks about creating myelin repair. In reading it, I don't see anywhere the next exact step in the ofrmation of clinical treials or the next progressive step in this reaearch. Don't we deserve or the ms patients that see this and get excited and want to follow this to the next progression? Hope I'm expalingin the frustatrtion and lack of perceioved progress in research.

keeping on
    keeping on
    u have put it in wrong thread, this has nothing to do with Step Ahead Australia.
    thanks

Beuty, I am glad you read it.

Thanks
    keeing on

So back on topic - nobody on CC is close to StepAhead Australia?

zoki and malthouse?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Hi everybody,

has anybody on CC news about StepAhead Australia's annual scientific conference on the 8th and 9th December?

Arcy

It's a pity when attempting to get in touch with them, so many sites are silent. I do love their mission statement:
    A CURE CAN BE A REALITY AND WE WILL FIND IT.

We all pray that this is not just talking the talk, without any walking.

Apart from that, I believe that their approach of mixed therapies sounds promising - that to regain pre-injury mobility will rely on this.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    Darwin Prokop was poised to do a clinical trial at Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans in 2006. My state invested 44 million dollars into his lab, his research, and his efforts. He basically disappeared and the entire project was disbanded with no explanantion . . . . .
    He moved to Texas A&M where he is still doing research. See: http://medicine.tamhsc.edu/basic-sciences/mcm/faculty/darwin-prockop.html

I'm not defending him, just saying where he is.