Thread: questions about iowa state condroitinase trial for dogs

questions about iowa state condroitinase trial for dogs

I have been Watching this trial progress over time through videos on their facebook page. My question is: has it shown early evidence that it works?...I mean I noticed in the beginning none of the previously injured dogs were actually walking after the treatment, just dragging their back legs around . Then they got little rolling wheelchair things to support their back legs which were moving a little but not much and the latest videos show dogs walking unsupported on treadmills and overground...is this an early indication that it worked?
    GRAMMY: you have been following this trial closer than me I think. Can it be?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

What they've been showing on their facebook page is pretty much all they've released to the public. They'll be giving a (hopefully more detailed) presentation to the public later this year at W2W.

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    GRAMMY: you have been following this trial closer than me I think. Can it be?
    On Monday, September 28th at 8:45 am Nicholas Jeffery, BVSc, PhD, Iowa State University will be speaking in the clinical trial segment of Working 2 Walk 2015. I know the pet dog trial was set up into 2 patient groups. Some got a placebo and other ones actually got the Chondroitinase treatment. Hopefully we can hear a lot more of the details during his presentation in the Grand Ballroom that day. He'll speak from 8:45am - 9:15am and there will be a 15 minute Q & A afterwards.