Thread: Mass. life science firms get $3.4m in state loans

Mass. life science firms get $3.4m in state loans

Mass. life science firms get $3.4m in state loans
    By Robert Weisman
    Globe Staff / April 30, 2009

Seven early-stage life sciences companies, working in areas ranging from cancer drugs to treatments for spinal cord injuries to tests for genetic disorders, were awarded a total of $3.4 million in loans yesterday under the state's $1 billion life sciences initiative.

The so-called Accelerator loans were approved by the Massachusetts Life Sciences Center, a quasi-public agency charged with implementing the state's life sciences program. The center received 88 applications for the loans.

Winning loans of up to $500,000 were Eutropics Pharmaceuticals of Boston, an oncology drug company; Good Start Genetics of Boston, a molecular diagnostics company; InVivo Therapeutics of Cambridge, a stem cell and biomaterials company; Pluromed of Woburn, a maker of injectable plugs for surgery; Spectra Analysis of Marlborough, a supplier of spectroscopy systems; Wadsworth Technologies of Westborough, a medical device company; and Wolfe Laboratories of Watertown, a pre-clinical services firm.

more....

http://www.boston.com/business/healt...n_state_loans/

InVivo Therapeutics of Cambridge, a stem cell and biomaterials company;

Congrats InVivo
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."