Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The KSL Kuschall

I read it in a test of a handicap magazin that the back is fixed. The frame is very stable and the driving is good, also because of fixed back, but for the daily use it's realy a minus. I have sometimes even problems to put my rigid frame with moveable back in a car. You need a big car for this chair.

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    If you can't move the back down it is useless. How are we going to put it in the taxi then
    With the trend toward smaller vehicles in the US, this is becoming more of a problem. Although I drive a van, many of my friends who I ride with at times have small cars. If my chair back did not fold, it would not fit in some trunks.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

not really an issue. i never fold my back down. it goes over me into my altima backseat easily
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Stay away from the K !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    not really an issue. i never fold my back down. it goes over me into my altima backseat easily
    Not if all seats are occupied and it has to go iin the trunk. That is what I am talking about.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

The day a taxidriver want to put the chair in the back seat, I am going to be surprices. I have a van too, but it is impossible to park in the town, the lift is behind, so I use a taxi in the winter when I can't wheel down.
    TH 12, 43 years post

K is just another chair manufactuer who thinks they know what the customer needs rather than listening and providing what we need. They were a great chair until they were bought out by E&J and changed it to fit THEIR budget rather than continuing to make it the way it was.

Is this chair made in Europe or has it been outsourced to Taiwan.

I just order my new chair and i did it with a fixed back,of course is a low backrest 11", i tried one which was in the factory to pick it up into my car, and it was much easier than picking up my folding Quickie GTX because the difference in weight, and i spend have time doing it, only take out wheels and the chair into the car.
    If someday i will need a more compact chair for go to a travel or going with my car with much people i will take my GTX.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    K is just another chair manufactuer who thinks they know what the customer needs rather than listening and providing what we need. They were a great chair until they were bought out by E&J and changed it to fit THEIR budget rather than continuing to make it the way it was.

Is this chair made in Europe or has it been outsourced to Taiwan.
    It's made in Switzerland, Europe. I agree with you. It looks great and the light weight sounds fantastic, but you don't get really a chair for the daily use. It's only for a small group of people who don't need much support and are active enough to handle this chair. The back of my chair is 13 Inch, not so much, but with many cars it will be difficult.

I love my K├╝shall chairs, they are the best if I want to wheel far, my Quickie is not so good to wheel but is a little better to sit in. But I never sit in my chair, I usually change to a normal armchair or recliner or at home I simply jump into my bed if I am not doing anything.

So it seems like no chair has everything, I need different chairs for different use.
    TH 12, 43 years post