Thread: Rollerblade wheels

Rollerblade wheels

Hi.

Have someone tried this kind of wheels ? http://www.skates.com/Rollerblade-Ac...s-s/254241.htm

Are they soft?
    Have they the same measure of bearings for can fix them into our casters axles?
    I`m interisting in the Rollerblade Spiral wheels 100M for Speed
    Thanks.

the second number on the description of the wheel tells you the hardness of the wheel. The higher the number the harder the wheel. For my basketball chair (which involves a lot of contact) I have at least 84A. These usually have the same bearings as our chairs. You would be able to tell if they do not because they would have something like ZZ in the description of the bearing.

Hope that helps some.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Hi.

Have someone tried this kind of wheels ? http://www.skates.com/Rollerblade-Ac...s-s/254241.htm

Are they soft?
    Have they the same measure of bearings for can fix them into our casters axles?
    I`m interisting in the Rollerblade Spiral wheels 100M for Speed
    Thanks.

I used 3" roller blades for many years, they were standard features on many chairs. I found the casters on my ZR to be a big improvement over them and, now, the Frog Legs soft rolls a big improvement over TiLites billet casters.

Roller blades are best suited for indoor use on a hard floor surface. Out of doors you will feel every bump in the road. For me, I see no reason to ever go back to using them.

I have 4' rollerblades on my old chair. I think i had 82A. They're hard, harder then my new alu-casters. For sport it's ok, but on the street it's very uncomfortable. They are smaller than other rolls and you can get problems with uneveness streets. I wouldn't buy such rolls again.

ok guys, i will forget them.
    I saw them in the website, and they are 100M = 4" and i thought that if they was a bit soft maybe they will be good for us too.

I use razor scooter wheels, 85a durometer, always have. They're urethane. I never had nothin' else, other than the billet aluminum w/grey urethane wheel ti lite put on my 1st chair, i wore them out and bought roller blade wheels. When yer poor like me you don't care or notice things like said above.

I gotta say them razor wheels do let ya scream down the road, just put in some skf 608 2zjem bearings in there and your gone.

Travis